5

Kai's POV

I was awoken so suddenly by hand on my mouth. I grabbed the persons wrist like I had done when Jay used to do this to me, and went to twist it.

The arm didn't move and my eyes adjusted to the dark room. The figure had a familiar tail and I let out a sigh.

They let go of me and I sat up. I gave them a harsh look and they rose there hands. "Look you where fast a sleep. And it's 22:37, if I hadn't woken you, you would have slept through your arm falling off." They whisper explained.

I shook my head and stood up. "Let's get out of here before someone sees you and/or I loose an arm." I said in a cocky tone.

They walked over to my now open window and climbed out of it. "That works too." I mumbled. I climbed out and she walked over to the ledge.

"Alright form your dragon." She said looking over the edge. I cocked my head and chuckled. She gave me a side eye and I stoped.

"What are you waiting for?" She asked. "Why? You here therefore the scale deal thing is done." I said. To be honest I thought she'd know that.

She laughed and turned to me. "I told you to meet me there. Therefore we need to be there for the deal to be complete." She hissed.

"Oh.." I lowers my head. I formed my dragon and climbed on. She followed and I took off.

A few moments of silence I herd her laugh. "What?" I wonder before looking at her. "Hey Hey you should sit down!" I said. She was standing perfectly still. But she was standing. While we were in the air.

"I've done this many times before." She choked. "Wait? You've ridden a dragon?" I asked. She lowers her self onto her back and laid there. Her head facing me and the head of my dragon.

"I'll tell ya more about it when we get there." She said before closing her eyes. I shrugged and continued.

[Time Skip]

My dragon landed on the familiar ground. Dust moving about us.

She got off and I followed un forming my dragon in the process.

"Ok now you tell me more." I said looking at the animal woman.

"First.." She started. She walked over to me and reached to my upper arm. I immediately pulled away but she grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back.

"Do you want this scale out or not?" She asked. I reached up to the spot where the scale was. It wasn't warm anymore and just felt like my skin.

"I mean...it doesn't hurt." I said lowering my hand. "Ya well it's useful to me." She said before yanking at my skin.

It felt like she pickled off my skin and finally I was able to pull away. I reached up and there was a small cut.

I looked at her and she placed it in her pocket. "There." She finished.

"Can I at least know your name?" I asked her. "Yours first." She clarified.

"Kai...Kai Smith." I said standing straight. "Talon Strike." She said holding out her hand.

This time I took it and shook it. "Now...tell me all about you and this....these killings." I asked. She nodded and sat down.

I followed her. She dug something dry out of her pocket and placed it on the ground.

She then opened her mouth and a small flame came out of it. I stared at her in shock. "What? That's what my people can do. Why do you think I was surprised when you could do something like that." I just nodded.

The fire burned a light yellow orange and she started to tell her story.

"Ninjago and my realm Riconic are sister realms. They mirror each other...so if someone dies here. Someone is born there."

"Every realm has a sister realm. By luck my mother was able to find ours or your; Ninjago....my people have been dying for a while...so it was my job to come here and kill as many as I could. So my home could live. "

"It took my mom years to find away to send anyone. We used our scrolls, but mirrored them. My mother was able to find one key similarity between one thing here and one thing there."

"Dragons." I said instead of her. She nodded an continued.

"Dragons are not something that can be mirrored. So she found the way dragons travel through realms and I volunteered. It worked before I had any good supplies."

"So why didn't you go back?" I asked. She shook her head. "I....would have stood out more then I do now....Beside I would have had to bring....my dragon Azar...and she would definitely cause me to lose my hiding ability." She explained.

"So now your just killing...because it helps your people...your not some crazy killer killing young people?" I sighed in relief.

"No. I over heard a lot from my mom. How the younger someone here dies, the older someone lives in Riconic. The harsher you kill, the better the life. Slitting the throat was the best option....after stabs. Sorry..." She apologized.

"For what?" I laughed. She then pointed to my shoulder. I remember that she that she had sliced them open but I had forgotten about them.

"Oh it's nothing...I've been hurt much worse." I said felling the two fresh wounds. She put out the fire and brushed away the char.

"Well that's my story...what's yours?" She asked. I laughed. I laid back and she did the same beside me. "I wish I could sum mine up as well as you did...but, it really starts with my parents getting kidnapped....."

[The Telling Of Kai and his History] (I'm lazy)

"And now here." I laughed...that's took way to long... "Well.. I'm sorry to hear about your sister..." She said.  She sat up and hugged her knees. "I lost my father...except it wasn't in a sacrifice..." She started.

"If you don't mind me asking.." I also sat up beside her. "How?" "He was executed..." She buried her head in her knees.

I reached my hand around her and placed it on her shoulder. She bare skin as rough as stone but warm like my skin was after using my fire.

"He was....trying to be...." She laughed. "I really shouldn't be crying." She said whipping her eyes. I lowered my hand and moved it back to my side.

"He was trying to be king....I just miss him because....he was good before....before he thought he deserved more." She stood up and looked at me.

"The....never mind." She said walking away. What?

Yup. Woooowwww

(1146 Words)