8

Kai's POV

We finally made it to the mountain. Talon landed last and I jumped off. I glanced at her and she quickly went invisible.

I looked over at Zane who seemed to be trying to read my mind.

"Up there." Lloyd pointed to a little ledge. I could just see the outline of someone sitting.

"Where gunna start heading back." Lloyd said. "Tell us if anything happens brother." Zane said. I nodded and they took off.

"You ready." I whispered. "Yup." Talon's voice rang. She then transformed and her dragon stood I front of me. I climbed onto her and she took off.

We landed about 15 feet away from master Wu. I jumped off and looked back for Talon but she was gone. I let out a relieved sigh.

"You wanted to speak with me?" I asked my master. "Yes Kai. Sit." He said as he sipped his tea.

There was a small fire with two blankets on each side. Master Wu was on one.

I sat down on the other and I could feel Talon sit right behind me. Back on back.

A sip from Master Wu brought me back. "You've dressed differently." He said gesturing to my gloves.

"Thought...I'd try something new." I lied.

"Your tense Kai.. Why?" He asked slightly cocking his head.

"I'm just it used to being on a mountain with my master." I laughed nervously.

"You have done nothing wrong...why are you tense?" He asked again.

"There's no reason." I clarified standing. I could feel Talon fall a bit before quietly standing too.

"You were out last nigh.... Why?" He asked. "I....I leave every night to go get....hair gell...." I truthfully told. I did go out ever few nights so the others wouldn't know or stop me.

"Alright...." He said sipping his tea again. I moved over to the ledge and Talon formed. "Don't tell anyone ok?" I said. He nodded.

"Oh and Kai?" Wu called. I looked at him. "A deals a deal." He said. I shivered a bit and got on Talon. "No matter how....deadly it could be." He finished.

I took off.

Talon and I both let out a sigh of relief once we where far enough. "To close." I said with a laugh.

"That, I can agree with you on." She said. "But....you do go every few nights to-" "Ya ya shut it." I said and she laughed.

We landed just outside the monastery and Talon went invisible.

I walked in and the others where training. They stopped and Lloyd walked over to me. "So....what did he say?" He asked as Jay, Cole, and Zane walked over. "Nothing much...he just found out how I restock my hair gell." I smiled.

Jay groaned. "Just tell us." He begged. "Not gunna happen." I winked and walked over to the entrance of the monastery.

"Oh Kai?" Zane called. "Ya?" I looked at him. "Could I have a look at your elemental dragon?" He asked.

I started to sweat. "Yawn." I heard a whisper in my ear.

I did and stretched my arms. "Look how about tomorrow...I'm really tired." I lied. Zane nodded and I walked over to my room.

I entered and closed my door. I turned around and jumped. Talon was sitting on my bed. "What? forgot I was here?" She laughed.

"Ha ha very funny." I said. I walked over to my cabinet and pulled out a note pad and a pencil.

I handed it to Talon and she cocked her head at me. "We might as well start....helping your people." I said. "And what do you want me to do with this?" She asked tossing it on the bed.

"Write down the best places to go and ki...save your people." I said. "I'm sure you have probably found somewhere." "Ya...I have some places." She said and she started to write.

A few moments later she handed me back the notebook. "Here is where an elderly hospital is...best people older then 50 and are dying." She suggested.

I looked down. It was a map. There where a few names as well as sections of the hospital that was Circled and was crossed out. I looked at her. "The youngest and healthiest people.." She mumbled.

I nodded. I placed the notebook back in the cabinet and hid it behind some of my hair bell gell bottles. "We'll go tonight and get...a few." I said.

She nodded. "First we make sure you can go invisible." She said standing. "You'll never be able to do it for more then 6 hours. I have trained all my life so I can do it for those six." She said.

"But you'll need some clothes." She finished. I raised an eyebrow. "You'll need to burn some of your clothes to make them." She said showing me hers.

"Why do they need to be burned?" I asked reaching in my closet for some. "Your fire will act like a coating. once on it, it will allow your clothes to also go invisible with you." She explained.

I placed a sweater and a pair of older pants on the bed beside her. she stood up.

"Now I just burn them?" I clarified. She nodded and I sighed. I breathed out a bit of fire onto my hands and moved them to the sweater.

Immediately the sweater caught on fire. I backed away a bit and soon the flames dispersed.

What was left was the my sweater with a few black char spots but other then that, was perfectly fine. I looked at Talon and she smiled.

"Will that happen every time I try to burn something?" I asked. She chuckled a bit and walked over to the sweater.

She picked it up for me and handed it to me. "No it wont. Your fire will do as you say. If you order it to burn it will burn, if you order it to work with you, it will. That's how it works." She said.

I nodded and did the same burning thing to my pants.

Once they where both burned Talon turned around, her back facing me. "What?" "Your going to have to change if you want to go invisible." She chuckled. I blushed in embarrassment and turned away.

I got changed and tapped her on the shoulder. She turned and looked at me. "That will do. Lets go." She said moving to the window.

"I thought we'd learn in here?" I wondered. "Might as well teach you to fly while where at it." She said climbing out the window.

I followed her with a laugh. She turned into her dragon and I climbed on. We took off and glanced back.

The others where still in the court yard. Only one seamed to notice I left. Zane.

WOOOOOOOOO Yes Zane KNOWWWWWSSSS. (No he Doesn't.)

(1153 Words)