S.2 - 24

Kai's POV

I managed to grab the walls as practically dove to the ground. "Kai...I would slow down if I where you." Garmadon said in worry.

It was kinda funny to see him scared but at this moment I didn't care about speed. I was using my wings on the rock edge to push me down faster.

(Kinda imagine toothless's running scene to hiccup in httyd 1)

Finally my eyes caught the floor and I landed hard but steady. I looked up back at the hole and saw blackness.

I bared my teeth a growled a bit. Stay strong I thought as my eyes darted to the entrance.

I ran full pace out of the cave a took off faster then ever.

I flew hard. I could almost hear Garmadon squeal as he hung on.

I was going to get Wu. If anyone where to help me it be him.

It did not take long before he monastery was in view. I did a dive flap to gain speed.

I landed hard on the courtyard ground enough to make cracks in the concrete.

Garmadon jumped off my back. I think he knew what I was thinking and ran inside.

I stayed in my dragon form as I took off again. Hopefully Garmadon knew I needed his help but would meet him at the temple.

"KAI!" I heard a voice shout. I looked down to see Cole and Jay waving there hands. I breath a large blast of fire before continuing to fly back to the temple.

They knew and soon I was being followed by two dragon.

I flew fast back to the temple and landed far ahead of the other ninja.

I spread my wings and growled into the entrance. They could not have gotten out of there that fast....I thought watching the entrance. There had to be a lot of they are challenging a dragon.

I bared my teeth into the dark hall as Cole and Jay landed.

"Hey Kai...?" Cole said trying to think straight.

I growled a bit but kept my eyes on the darkness.

Cole stepped in front of me and turned to me.

"Could you maybe...transform and ahhh...tell us what's going on?" He asked. I kept my eyes on the hall and slightly shook my head no.

"Ooook." He said. He turned to the entrance.

I flapping caught my attention as I could hear Wu land. A moment two other dragons land.

"Kai!" I heard Garmadon call. Still my eyes fixated on the dark hallway.

He ran out and looked at Cole. "Help now ask questions later do you understand." He said. Cole nodded as Jay came up beside him.

Garmadon looked at me. I took a breath and blasted a large fire blast into the dark hall.

We watched at the blast flew as long as it could...with...nothing to show.

"AHHH!" I yelled in frustration. Yes they could only hear a roar but they got the message.

I started forward. I smelt the air but the gas was gone. I growled with a hiss.

I walked another step before large rocks attached by rope came hurdling at me. They where fast enough to wrap around my snout.

"FALL BACK." Garmadon yelled. I was about to reach up and grab the rope when another one came at my legs and caused me to fall.

My team came running up beside me and Lloyd was directly in front of my snout. They where facing the emptiness that housed something or someone.

I growled slightly and Jay gave me a side eye. I breathed a huff of smoke out of my nostrils.

"WHO'S THERE?!" Lloyd yelled. I tried to pull my front limbs free but they wouldn't budge.

The cave went silent for a few seconds.

Wu and Garmadon where far behind by the real entrance and even they where quiet.

I moment later we heard what sounded like bones clattering. Then more. Then the sound of them moving in uniform.

Skeletons? I thought "Skeletons?" Jay asked and Cole shrugged.

A moment later a small green light came out of the tunnel. I grumbled.

"Does that reminded you guys of anything?" Jay quivered.

"Ya...he's all to familiar." Cole said.

"I'm surprised you remember me." A voice said with a slight laugh.

I growled as a familiar shape came out of the tunnel.

"King Vangelis." Cole hissed. The previous king gave a slight chuckle. 

"Although it was difficult regaining my army...these two will make fine subjects." He said pointing his skull and myself. I growled.

Lloyd spread out one of his arms. "Your going to have to go through us to get our brother." He said.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes and I think Zane saw it. Try something else Lloyd. I laughed in my head that's worked so many times before.

"Oh I don't plan of going through you...they are." He said menacingly. Seconds later a large army of black skeleton soldiers started walked toward us.

"Just get out of here." I tried to say. Of course it came out in a grumble mess of trying to sound human. The skeletons would easily over power the very small army we had.

This, Vangelis knew. "Give up...you are no match." He said with a small laugh.

I knew Lloyd wouldn't which would make thing a hell of a lot harder.

Finally my left forearm came loose and I immediately freed myself. I stood up to my full hight on my back two legs, which was at tall as the ceiling where I was standing.

I was looked straight into Vangelis's eyes. He was less then 5 feet from my snout. And smiling.

I breathed in and blew a very fast and hot fire breath at him. I ran it for as long as I could until my weight drew me back to my four legs.

I landed and growled at where my flames where hitting.

A moment later they dissipated...and what was left...was a sorcerer still flouting in the air.

Another chapter...did this go in anyway my head...Nope!

(1137 Words)

Short A/N

Hope your still enjoying it. Unlike my previous Reflecting Scales story- I want this to start and end in the same book.

I also wanted a different type and I do like this story much better then Reflecting Scales. (ò_óˇ)

I like it more cause I'm actually happy when writing it. Reflecting Scales was fun in the beginning but I lost interest in it and it was hard to force myself to write about it.

So The Dragons Fire is definitely something I love working on and it doesn't feel like I'm forced to write and finish it.