9

Kai's POV

I shook my head when I saw Zane look at me. "Keep your head straight till I tell you." I said to Talon. I didn't want Zane getting suspicious. More then he already was that is.

We flew down the mountain and landed on a large ledge 20 minutes out.

Talon went into her human/dragon form thing. "Alright. You need to know how to go invisible." She said. I nodded.

"Also your gloves will show." She said pointing to them. "I'll just burn them." I said before blowing the fire into my hands. When the gloves didn't burn I looked at her.

She shook her head. "They "protect" your hands. Gloves and other clothes can't be burned like that." She said. I nodded and took them off.

I then burned them, waited for the fire, and put them back on. Avoiding looking at my black faded hands.

"Ok." She clapped. "You need a trigger before you can do it on command." She said looking around before picking up a rock. "A trigger?" I asked. "Yes. Mine was fighting." She said before chucking the rock straight at me.

It was small but still hurt my chest. I glared at her. She just laughed. "I'm not a Geckle." I laughed remembering my time as the Geckle Chancellor...then remembering Nya.... She cocked her head.

"One of my missions." I said. She nodded before picking up another stone. "Ok let's try that again. This time attack me without my knowledge." She said. She then threw the rock at me. I dodged it and ran at her.

Of course I was not invisible and she was able to kick me back. "Without my knowledge." She mocked raising an eye brow.

I rolled my eyes as she threw another rock at me. This time I moved out of the way and tried to think invisible.

She didn't seem to see where I was so I used it to attack her.

She caught my arm and twisted it around. "Well your invisible...But your not silent." She said.

"This is how you do it." She said handing me a rock.

As I reached for it I could see I was invisible. But once she touched me my hand came back.

She walked over to where I was standing. I smiled and threw it hard at her.

She went invisible as the rock missed where she would have been and hit the wall behind her. Next thing I knew I was flung to the ground. She then formed and was smiling.

I started slow clapping. "Well done.." I sighed. She laughed before holding out her hand.

I grabbed it and she pulled me up.

"Now just go invisible." She said going invisible still holding my hand. "This will be the best why for you to hide."

I closed my eyes and let out a breath. I focused on the invisible hand holding mine until it felt like I was invisible.

I re opened my eyes and there was still a hand. But it was Talon's. "You did it." She smiled at where she thought I was. I let go of her hand and started to walk around. Focusing on keeping my footsteps light.

"Now your getting it." She said. I then ordered myself to become visible and it worked. I looked at Talon and laughed.

"That's not the hard training." She smiled. "Then what is?" I asked.

"Flying would be next." She said transforming into her dragon. "But going invisible while your in your dragon form-" She went invisible then re appeared. "Is the hardest." She finished. "3 hours max like that."

I nodded before transforming into my dragon. It still freaked me out a bit but I got used to it quick. It was just like forming my elemental dragon....just me.

"Ok flying lesson." She said lifting her wings. "Ya ya...let's get on with it." I said. She nodded and took a charge to the edge. She jumped off it and dove down.

I quickly ran over to the edge, stumbling but running. Just as I got there she flew vertical in front of me blowing air into my face.

I laughed a bit before she came back down and hovered in front of the ledge. "We'll start with gliding." She said.

She then landed on the ledge and faced the same direction I was.

"Spread your wings and simple push off." She said doing just that. "I'll stay under just incase you fall." She said calming my nerves a bit.

I spread my wings and walked until my front toes or claws where off the edge.

I then pushed off and held my wings as hard as I could.

It was hard to keep my entire body weight on to limbs but my wings seamed to lock into place and I was able to hold my self.

Talon then moved right beside me. "Your gliding." She said looking back at the edge. I was now a good 20 feet from it.

I smiled with my mouth open and she took a flap forward.

"Your wings will re lock once your back to the gliding stance. But a flap is hard to do when going slow and straight. As your pushing more air." She explained. I nodded and she moved back to under me.

"When ever your ready." She called. I looked forward and in one quick movement flapped my wings. It was really hard and I almost just went back to gliding but once I moved my wings back up I was able to hold them.

"See!" She cheered. "Never again." I puffed. She laughed. "Then your never flying again." She smiled. I chuckled.

"Let's try a dive. Your flaps will be easier once your going faster." She said.

I nodded. She showed me how to angle my wings so I could dive and to be honest it was much easier.

She then showed me all tricks she new. Verticals, flying upside down, how to tell updrafts vs downdrafts, wing tricks to conserve energy, and so much more.

Before I knew it it was getting late. We flew back to the ledge. "Landing lesson." She said. "Don't come in to fast on an uneven surface. Unless you want a face full of gravel." She laughed.

"Well that's not fun." I joked. She took a few flaps before landing. I did the same. "I'm going to go get some dried branches for a fire. Try to take off. Or don't." She said before diving to the ground.

I laughed. I could now feel the pain in my shoulder. I transformed and sat on the dried stone back face if the entrance.

God my shoulders hurt I thought rubbing them. I took off my gloves and placed them on the ground. My hands where drenched in sweat. I gathered some in reach rocks and started to form a small fire pit.

A few minutes went by when I heard flapping then a dragon land. "Back already?" I laughed as I stood and turned around.

"Back?" A male voice said. I turned fast to see Zane and Lloyd.

👏👏👏 yessss

(1198 Words)