24. Diviner

(I humbly apologize for the delay in updates as there were issues needed to be taken care of. Plus there is another thing to notify that I will be switching from 1st person POV to 3rd person POV as I am more comfortable with that as my writing style. I know it's sudden but I had sort of being struggling with writing 1st POV so there's that.)

______________________________________

CLANK!

Stepping back from the stalemate, Joshua thrusted his spear forward which was successfully blocked by Licht who used his newly forged katana. The prince had been forging various kinds of swords in his free time and then training to get better in using them. Despite forging a good number of swords, he was still unsatisfied as his heart now desired to recreate those three weapons used by his past self. 

With the given materials, he can recreate them again but that would only be an empty shell. They would still be missing the one important factor for which they were special graded even among his other swords. Their unique abilities were only accessible with those three, was what made them different from regular swords.

"You are getting better at handling a spear.." Having parried Joshua's attack, Licht crouched down a little, grabbing the hilt of his weapon with both his hands and attempting an upwards vertical slash.

Sensing the immediate danger, Joshua did a backflip, making a considerable distance between him and his mentor.

"Do you hold some unknown grudge against me!?" The younger elf exclaimed in horror. "That slash could have very well ended my career!"

"But you still managed to avoid it." Licht playfully pointed out. "Also without being serious in training, how is one going to improve?"

"Being serious and attempting a murder is different!" 

Riled up, Joshua stabbed his weapon on the ground before putting his left palm forward as a dirt brown glow surrounded his entire frame. Channeling Earth mana, he formed a large boulder before launching it towards Licht. He didn't stop there as he channeled another spell by stomping his foot on the ground. The ground shook before spikes of earth shot towards the prince.

Unfazed, Licht readied a stance with a column of water, surrounding the entire katana. Moving forward in a zigzag pattern to gain momentum, the Eralith, with a single horizontal strike carrying enough force from the momentum gained, shattered the big boulder into pieces. The water surrounding the katana flowed right in front of him taking the shape of a solid shield that blocked the spikes, effortlessly much to the Earth-mage's dismay. His mentor's mana control is precise and accurate, there's no denying that. 

Deciding to put an end to this duel, Licht attempted to make a dash when he sensed something approaching from underneath him and moved aside right in time to avoid a fist rising up from the ground. His gaze traveled to the part of the ground from where the punch came from to see two golems made of soil and clay emerging.

"So you can make golems with your Earth magic as well?" Licht questioned, appearing quite impressed by his disciple's progress. 

"That's not all Prince.." Joshua smirked, letting more of his mana flow into the golems. Deep orange-brownish glow surrounded the golem before they began changing shape.

"What the-!?" Licht gaped in surprise as the golems, after having changed their shaped looked exactly like clay copies of himself and Elder Virion. "You can change golem's appearance too?"

"Once again that's not all." His disciple responded as a sword made of hardened clay formed in the hands of the golem that was a replica of him. "Charge!"

Golem-Virion dashed ahead at blinding speed, catching Licht off guard at the sheer speed displayed by the golem. That small moment earned him a jab on his abdomen making him skid backwards. Switching his katana from right hand to left hand, Licht narrowly blocked the sideways slash from Golem-Licht before pushing it away.