Chapter 15: Scar

I refuse to embellish upon the picture. 

The next couple weeks pass in less paranoia than the ones before. With serious intervention from Ren, all the magic group get back together again. Doc apologises, as do I. And now, with the excitement of the upcoming prom, attention turns towards that. A shop opens selling prom dresses and suits that gains several stacks of diamonds on it's first day. Me and Grian plan to buy our suits later, though me and Cub almost convinced him to get a dress. 

Now Ilmango is gone, he's replaced with someone 30 times worse who's lessons are even more boring, if that's physically possible. Everyone misses him, even Grian who hates redstone with a passion beyond what's regular for a normal guy. I miss the course on redstone farms as we move onto something about how comparators work, copying from Cub each lesson. 

Impulse is still a threat, and he's clearly avoiding us, whether out of fear, guilt, or something else.  Good. The less I see him, the less he can find out, according to my skewed thought process. I move onto regular flying class, and succeed so spectacularly on my first attempt, I stop midair to celebrate and crash right into the ground. Other lessons continue the same, and me and Cub start skiving magic class together, chatting and eating cake in our little attic hideout, sometimes doing homework, other times just being intentionally stupid or setting up pranks on other students. 

As the prom approaches and I get my second choice of outfit (Grian said the first looked like the mayor from Power-puff girls), the atmosphere lightens further. Teachers let us off proper lessons, including a particularly entertaining PvP lesson where Wels splits us into two groups to fight each other and we have an Ultimate War of Dominance, with multiple plotlines, betrayals, and so much fun we stay in the entire break to finish (Scott and Grian win). 

Finally, the day of prom arrives, and after rather regular, but excited, morning and afternoon, me and Grian get into our suits. I managed to find a nice deep blue colour while Grian shows off in a bright retina-murdering red, with a wonderfully oversized black bowtie to go with it. 

'Wow... that's...' I try to find the words upon first seeing him in it. Somehow it really suits him, but at this point I'm convinced most things do. Bdubs appears a few minutes later in snazzy, and BigB goes to change into what looks like a purple suit that's really going to look good on him. 

'Right, time for make up. Grian, you first.' I decide with a grin. Bdubs burst out laughing. 

'What- I'm not wearing makeup!' 

'First rule of prom, always wear makeup.' 

'You've never even gone to a prom before this!' He protests. 'How would you even know about the rules of prom.'

'Uhh... Cub told me.'

'Is that your excuse for everything? Blaming inanimate objects and Cub?'

'No...' I reply unconvincingly. 'But if you won't accept makeup, then we at least fix the hair.'

'You don't. touch. the waffle.' 

'I won't touch the waffle... anyway, let's get going.' BigB arrives at that point, looking as good as I expected him to, and we all set off towards the canteen hall that's been improved to be for the prom. My steps turn more bouncy and excited as we get closer, and Grian has to calm me down with a laugh. I'm not exactly sure on the way, so the others lead and we enter. 

Rainbow lights, students everywhere, snacks and drinks provided... I can't help myself from grinning with excitement, scanning the area for people I know. Grian's spotted Mumbo and disappears to be with him. I consider following, but then spot Pearl and Cleo, both in fabulous dresses, across the dancefloor.