•|2|•

I wake up 30 minutes before I need to get up. Outside my closed door, I can hear Hopper walking around, presumably done with his shower and preparing for his day at work.

I decide to roll out of bed and mope into the kitchen. Hopper is standing by the stove making toast, the waffles all ready on the table.

"Where's El?" I ask, taking my usual seat at our small table.

"Hasn't left her room since last night," he says sitting in front of me.

I don't say anything, instead I grab two waffles off of the big plate in the center of the table. As I start to eat one Hopper asks, "No syrup?"

"Nah. I'm just going to eat this real fast and then go to school," I say, finishing my last waffle and leaving the room.

In my bedroom, I pick out an outfit and put it on.

I walk through the house and to the bathroom

I walk through the house and to the bathroom. When I step in front of the mirror, I notice my hair. It's curly almost perfectly styled already.

I spray water in it with my spray bottle and scrunch it up a little with my hands. I brush my teeth, drown myself in perfume, and take one last look in the mirror. I hear Hopper yell, "Oh, Jesus!"

I walk out of the bathroom and see Eleven with a white sheet over her head.

"Ghost," Eleven says.

"Yeah, I see that," Hopper deadpans, stepping away from the stove with two plates of toast, setting them on the table.

"Halloween," Eleven says, turning to him.

"Sure is, but right now it's breakfast. Ok? Come on let's eat. Your sister has already eaten," He continues to mess around in the kitchen, not facing her.

"They wouldn't see me," she says, following him as he sits at the table.

"Who wouldn't see you?" He asks.

"The bad men," she replies. I physically grimace and walk a little closer to them.

"What are you talking about?" He finally asks, since she won't drop the subject.

"Trick or treat," she says as he sits down.

"You want to go trick or treating?" He asks. She doesn't reply and just stares at him through her cut out eyes in her sheet.

"You know the rules," he stands up and backs her closer to the chair by grabbing lightly ahold of her arms.

They start to argue and I decide to leave now while I have the chance, before they pull me into the argument.

As I drive to school, I think about what I'm going to wear to the party tonight. I'm going to have to do a lot of convincing to get Hopper to let me go. Since Hopper won't be home in time for me to ask, I'm going to drive to his work after school and ask.