•|10|•

Billy's POV

When we get back to the house, I collapse onto the couch with Dustin. The only reason I'm still awake or even here is because I'm waiting on Cassie.

I here a vehicle pull up and shut off outside. I wait for them to come in.

Eleven walks in first running to hug Mike. I stand up and look at the door. Dustin stands up too.

Hopper walks in, Cassidy in his arms. There's blood all over her lower half of her face. Her ponytail is messy and baby hairs cling to her freckled face.

"Cass!" I yell running forward. "Is she okay?"

"She should be fine. Just got a little overworked," Hopper tells me, laying her on the couch.

Dustin looks at her. I watch his lip quiver a bit before he leaves the room. I get on my knees and stare at her. Her long eyelashes rest against her cheek perfectly. I take her slim hand and hold it in mine.

She truly is perfect

"She'll be fine, Kid," Hopper says again.

I nod with a sigh, laying my forehead against her stomach.

1 Month Later

Cassie's POV

I listen to the receiver ring for a moment, patiently waiting for the guy on the other side to pick up.

"Hello?" I hear a woman's voice say.

"Hi. It's Cassie. Can I talk to Billy please?" I ask, twirling the cord around my finger. Hopper grumbles something from his recliner but I roll my eyes, ignoring him.

"Sure, Hon. One second," I hear calling to him and within a few seconds he's on the line.

"Did you miss me?" Billy asks. I can basically hear his stupid smirk.

"Shut up," I laugh. "I was wondering if you wanted to help me tonight."

"Depends. With what?" He asks me.

"With the dance. They need another chaperone and I offered you," I tell him.

"So this isn't an invitation. It's a 'hey I signed you up for something before asking you about it'" he says slightly annoyed.

"You're fine. Nance did the same thing to me. Just pick me up little before 8. You and I are on punch," I tell him. "Don't forget to dress nice. Wear your maroon button up, please."

"Why that one?" He asks with a confused tone. "Is it because of the color?" Once again the stupid smirk is back.

"Maybe. Just wear it. I'll see you then," I hang up the phone, smiling to myself.

"You're making your boyfriend chaperone?" Hopper asks with a snarl.

"He isn't my boyfriend but yes I am," I tell him before going into my room to start getting ready.

I go to my closet to look at my dress one more time.