•|5|•

My heart completely plummets in my chest. "W-What?" I ask shakily.

An irritated growl comes from him. "I can't find Eleven. She isn't here, and she knows the rules about leaving." He grabs a hold of my flannel sleeve and yanks me inside.

"Cassidy, do you know where Eleven is?" He sternly looks at me.

"N-No. What do you mean she's gone? Are you sure?" I ask, running around the house looking under tables, beds, and other hiding spots.

"I'm 100 percent sure she isn't here, Cassidy!" His right hand grabs onto my shoulder, stopping me from looking around.

I'll be honest. I'm scared. El knows the rules Hopper lined out for us. She wouldn't just get up and run of like this. Something is wrong. Really, really wrong.

"Let's wait outside. She's bound to be back eventually," I tell him. We step outside the cabin and stand there, waiting for El. I sit on the steps as Hopper leans onto his hand that's perched on top of the porch railings, the other hand placed angrily on his hip.

After about an hour, I moved to stand by Hopper who is leaning on the porch rails. My head perks up at the crunching leaves. I see a figure walking towards the house. The figure stops and Hopper puts out his cigarette.

As the small figure continues, I notice the familiarity of the shape. It's Eleven.

I go to move, but Hopper puts a hand on my shoulder, shaking his head.

Eleven walks up the steps, ignoring us, and goes inside. Hopper quickly catches the screen door and barges back into the cabin. I follow behind him.

"Friends don't lie. Isn't that your bullshit saying?" he starts. Eleven doesn't stop and goes to her room. As she swings the door shut, Hopper catches it.

"Don't walk away from me!" He says angrily. He leans into the doorway as she glares at him.

I cross my arms over my chest awkwardly waiting for the fight to end.

"Where'd you go on your little field trip, huh?" Hopper asks, voice no longer loud, but still stern. Eleven doesn't speak. "Where?" Hopper asks again.

"Did you go see Mike?" Hopper asks.

"He didn't see me," she says, looking away from him.

"Yeah, well that mother and daughter did and they called the cops. Now, did anyone else see you?" Hopper pushes himself away from the doorway and does to lean on her bed, where she sits.

I replace him and stand in the doorway.

"Nobody saw me!" She says loudly. I've heard a saying before from Hopper. He says don't poke the bear and that's exactly what she's doing right now.

"You put us in danger. You realize that, right," Hopper starts to pace.

"You promised I go!" Eleven points, yelling. "And I never leave! Nothing ever happens!"

"Yeah! Nothing happens and you stay safe!" Hopper yells, slamming his hand onto her dresser. I flinch and take a step back.

"You lie!" She screams.

"I don't lie. I protect and I feed and I teach, and all I ask of you is that you follow three simple rules!" Hopper yells, taking a step closer to her. "And you know what? You can't even do that!"

A hurt look takes over El's face. I drop my arms and jump back as Hopper storms out of her room.

"You're grounded," he says from the living room. "You know what that means? It means no eggos and no tv for a week."