•|16|•

The next morning, I pick Billy up and we head to Starcourt. The rain is gone. All that's left is the puddles and fallen twigs and scattered leaves.

"You know this morning, Hopper was half naked on the couch and Joyce was there. She told me he got beat up by a man at the lab," I tell Billy as I park the car in the vast parking lot. It's filled with mostly employees but there are some customers.

"Did they..." Billy trails off, raising his eyebrows.

"No. All of his clothes were just covered in blood and rainwater on the porch," I say, scrunching my nose and getting out of the car.

We walk to the mall, then bee line for Scoops. We head straight to the back.

Robin, Steve, and Dustin are already here. Robin and Steve sit at the table. I take the last seat and Billy leans against the wall as Dustin talks.

"That keycard is the only way to unlock the door and unfortunately the Russian with this keycard has a massive gun," Dustin sighs, binoculars pointed at the doors. "Whatever's in their room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anyone to find it."

"But there's got to be a way in," I say, staring at the curly headed boy. My own curly hair is in a messy bun. My baby hairs frame my face in a messy but kind of cute way. I

"Well you know," Steve starts, dropping his hat onto the table. "I could just take him out."

"Take who out?" Robin asks. We all furrow our brows and look at the Harrington boy.

"The Russian guard," Steve says as if it were obvious.

I can't help it but a laugh slips out of my mouth. Billy laughs too, so hard his hand is on his chest and he's doubled over.

"Harrington, enough jokes. We have evil Russians to deal with," Billy says, coming up behind me and leaning on my chair.

"What?" Steve says defensively. "I sneak up behind him, and knock him out and I take his key card. It's easy."

"Did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin asks, arms crossed over his chest.

"Yes, Dustin, I did," Steve sasses. "And that's why I would be sneaking.

"We'll please tell me this, and be honest," Dustin starts, approaching the table. "Have you ever actually... won a fight?"

"Twice," I interject. "Jonathan. Year prior." Billy snickers behind me.

"Listen that doesn't count," Steve says.

"Why wouldn't it count?" I ask him, propping my arms onto the table.

Dustin starts, "because it looks like he beat the shit out of you."

"Yeah. Split lip, crooked nose," Dustin goes on. "Swollen eye, a lot of blood. Things add up."

I look at Robin she's staring at the ceiling. It looks like she's just realized something.

"That just might work," she whispers before springing up.

She runs to the front and I follow after her, so do the boys. She takes all of the cash out of the tip jar.

"I need cash," she states when Steve asks what she's doing.

"Well half of that is mine," Steve whines . "Where are you going?"

"To find us a way into that room," Robin shouts already out of the ice cream shop. "A safe way and in the meantime, sling ice cream. Behave and don't get beat up. I'll be back in a jiff."

"Can I come?" I call out, bouncing on my toes to get away from these boys.

Robin waves at me, already walking away.