•|7|•

I sigh in content and roll over in my bed, facing the ceiling. I try to soak up the morning sun as much as possible before rolling out of bed.

I groan angrily as I stumble to my dresser and pull out a pair of jeans. I put a standard black shirt on with a green flannel and a jean jacket over it. I then slide on my worn converse.

In the bathroom, I tie my blonde curls into a high ponytail before brushing my teeth. I sigh deeply and exit my house, ignoring El who I haven't seen come out of her room all morning.

I step over the trip wire and rush to my car. I start up the engine to get the car warming up and I reach into the passenger seat.

"On my way, Dustin. Over," I say into my walky before tossing it back into the seat.

I start my drive to town with blasting music. The only reason I have my car is because Billy took me to pick it up last night after leaving Dustin's.

When I reach Dustin's house. I notice Steve and Billy's cars aren't there yet.

I turn the car off and hop out, whistling lowly as I walk to the front door. I knock softly and am met with Mrs. Henderson.

"Oh, hello, honey. Dustin's in the dining room. I made extra breakfast if you want some," She offers kindly. I shiver a little and step inside.

"There's coffee if you want some," Claudia holds out a mug.

"Oh, thank you," I smile as I take it and sit at the dining room table.

"You never let me have coffee, Mom," Dustin whines.

"When you get older, you can have some, Dustie," she points a finger at him before wondering into to the living room.

"Yeah, Dustie. You're just a little kid," I whisper to him, sipping my coffee.

"I hate you," he tells me with a smile before cutting his pancake.

I grab a piece of bacon from the center of the table.

"I've always loved your mom," I say.

"Why?" Dustin asks, before chugging his glass of milk.

"I guess it's cause I've always wanted a mom," I sigh and lean back in my chair.

"Well, she adores you. She always says she wished she would have adopted you before Hopper if she knew you before," he grumbles.

I smile and look at the table. I hear another car pull up, so I walk through the living room and go outside.

Billy's blue Camaro switches off and he steps out in jeans, boots, and a burgundy zip up jacket.

"Has anyone ever told you that you look good in that color?" I ask, shoving my hands into my denim jacket.

"No. Why?" He asks, looking slightly dumbfounded.

I shrug with a smile. "Because you do."

Billy laughs and looks at his feet. I look up and watch as Steve's car pulls into the driveway.

"You guys ready?" He asks.

"Hell yes we are!" Dustin yells, shutting the door.

I laugh and we pile into Steve's car.

"You got the meat?" Dustin asks Steve from the driver seat.

"Yep," Steve replies.

"Then what are we waiting on? Let's go," I whine, climbing into the backseat. Dustin calls shotgun and Billy hops in the back with me.