•|11|•

We'd done it. We got the job a few weeks ago. Billy and I are now lifeguards at Hawkins Public Swimming Pool.

Summer has officially started. Our shifts aren't at the same time. Mine is right after his everyday.

I've developed a very nice tan so far and the summer isn't even close to over yet.

"Shut up, Mike!" Lucas snaps from my backseat. Mike and Lucas continue to bicker about nonsense while El and Max giggle up front with me. Will is complaining about their whining from the backseat as well.

"Hey!" I snap. "Both of you shut the hell up!"

"Thanks, Cass," Will says. I look in the rear view mirror to see him, looking out the window.

"Boys are stupid," Max whispers to Eleven. El giggles and nods.

"El!" Mike whines.

I sigh angrily as I pull into the employee parking lot. I force the kids out of my car, getting out too.

They all run off to the pool with towels. I use my key and go through the back door. I clock in after kicking the door shut.

I find my locker and put my stuff in it, stripping my clothes I have over my one piece. It's a plain red one piece bathing suit.

I use my mini mirror and readjust my curly blonde ponytail. I put my whistle around my neck. After, I apply sunscreen, rubbing it in until you can't tell it's there. As I tidy up the stuff in my locker, it dries a bit. I then put my tanning oil on.

My shift starts in 1 minute, and I'm completely prepared as I slide my red sunglasses on. Hopper gave me these just for work.

I look down at my feet. I paint my toenails white every weekend so they look nice.

I glance at the clock before heading outside. The second I'm through the door, I make eye contact with Billy. He smirks, climbing down his tower.

I have to say, we've glown up this summer. Both of us have amazing tans and our curly hair flows in the light summer breeze.

He removes his sunglasses, staring me down. Also staring me down is another teenage boy maybe a bit older than us. He is climbing onto the pool side from the water. His friend is in the water, watching closely.

"Hey, Sexy. I wanted to know if you're free late-" he isn't able to finish because Billy shoved his chest. This causes him to tumble back into the pool. The water hits my legs.

I try not to laugh as Billy smiles at me.

"Really?" I ask him, shaking my head. I put my sunglasses on the top of my head.

"Yep. He was too close," Billy says. His smile gives away his macho facade. He places one hand on my hip, the other on my cheek and kisses me.

I kiss back before moving away to start my job. Billy's always loved public affection.

"I'll meet you at the ice cream place in the mall," I call out to him as he walks away.

"See you there, Sweetheart," he sends a wink, putting his sunglasses back on.

I move my sunglasses down, looking around. The boy in the pool frowns. I notice the women that sit tanning in chairs frown too. Mrs. Wheeler frowns the hardest.

The women have big crushes on my boyfriend. I don't mind. It's not like he's interested in other people, especially the Wheeler's mom.

He once told me she makes him a little uncomfortable. He said she tries to flirt with him, along with all the other ladies.