CH 12 | THE MARRIAGE

"Be careful with your steps. One wrong step can lead you down." Jungkook whispered coming out of his stupor gazing at your orbs.

You heard Jungkook as you stared into his eyes, "Then I shouldn't step into this marriage, right?" You questioned him.

He declared, "This won't be a wrong step, I can assure you." You could see his dark gaze which held veracity into them which were more interested in gazing into your eyes as he wiggled both of his eyes into yours waiting for you to say something as you kept silent because the candor in his eyes was not letting any word out of your mouth.

But still your stubborn self didn't back down as you challenged him, "I will prove you wrong."

He tilted his head a bit, "Okay, I will wait for you to do so." Your eyebrows furrowed themselves in accordance with his answer as he didn't protest.

Tightening his grip around your waist as your eyes widened while you clutched onto his lapel before you could do anything, he heaved you up with his one hand from the last stair before twirling around and placing your physique on the tiled floor of the lounge.

Your hitched breath respired once you felt your feet on the ground. You instantly retreated your figure away from him, throwing daggers in his direction.

Letting out a few uneven breaths you heard him say, "Sign the papers."

Sauntering from behind you, he settled himself on the couch as you watched him doing so.

The emotion of being into something arose inside you but you settled that feeling down in your stomach as you made your way towards the couch.

You settled down at the end of the couch on which Jungkook has been comfortable with his right leg crossed over his other knee, leaning back to rest his back while his right hand was deposited over the handrest of the couch.

Namjoon walked to you with the file in his hands, forwarding it to you as thinking for a few seconds you took the file as you read the letters written in bold letters, "CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE"

Your eyes traveled to yours and Jungkook's name written in bold letters, "Here, Ms. Lee." You heard Namjoon as you looked up at him, who was stretching out a reservoir pen for you.

Taking a glance at Jungkook with your glistened orbs you took the reservoir pen from Namjoon Settling the pen securely between your index finger and thumb.

You skimmed your hand over the place where you had to sign as you scribbled down your signature onto the paper as a tear dropped over the paper making it damp beside your signature.

Feeling aggrieved you finished signing the papers, you dropped the pen over the papers, closing the file you handed it over to Namjoon as he carefully took it from you.

Handling the documents to Jungkook after opening the file. Jungkook took the pen in his hand as he positioned his hand to sign the papers but discerned the damped paper.

Jungkook's head twitched towards you who was looking down onto your lap, clutching onto the wedding dress.

Turning his head back on the paper, he signed them all. "We both don't want to do this, I know. But you have to understand that we need this. We can start over. I'll do anything, everything can be perfect. Just lend me some time."

You held yourself back as you blinked your tears off, "I'm not going to cry, it isn't worth crying. I trusted you with my whole life but you hurted me to the core of my heart. You are the first person whom I hate from the core of my heart."