CH 23 | TAKING STEPS

"Are you okay?" You nodded, nudging onto his shoulder as he swam over to the edge of the pool.

Your heart was beating inside your ribcage as if it would have popped out in some seconds if you had been inside there even for a second. Both of your clothes were drenched while Jungkook flapped his hands and feet to reach the edge.

"Oh! Jungkook! Are you okay?" It was Namjoon who scurried into the scene after hearing the splashing voice of water while Mrs. Lucy followed him as her eyes widened watching you both inside the pool, "I will get the towels." She trotted.

Helping you to sit on the edge of the pool with your legs still soaking inside the water as Namjoon gave a helping hand to Jungkook to get his frame out of the water. Standing up on the edge while water dripped over the floor making it wet, Jungkook turned to you as he helped you raise your feet.

"Did you get hurt?" Jungkook asked while inspecting your figure as you shook your head no while your teeth chattering. Mrs. Lucy came with towels in her hand as Jungkook gripped one of them before placing one around your shoulder and another one over your head before ruffling your hair to soak the wet out.

You fiddled with your finger as the towel was hindering your view so you had your orbs propped on the floor as you watched him taking a step closer to you.

He pulled the towel as you looked up at him. He asked, "Why haven't you slept yet?"

You looked at Namjoon and Mrs. Lucy as they made their way out of the poolside area while you pouted, "I also have a question to ask." You said as he hummed for you to continue while he continued ruffling your hair, "How come I was sleeping on my bed yesterday?"

You scrutinized his reaction as his movements halted for a second before he looked away for a second as he said, "Why won't you? You must have slept there." You pouted, "No, I didn't." You said holding the towel from him as he retreated his hands back, placing them on his flanks.

"I clearly remember that, I was waiting for you sitting on the couch-" You babbled out everything as he raised his eyebrows at you as he asked, "You were waiting for me?" You tried your best to put a blind eye on his gaze while he took a step towards you making you retreat one, "No...No! I was saying that I slept on the couch." You tried beating around the bush but he didn't let go of your statement.

"You waited for me!?" You stammered over his question as before you could collide into the chaise lounge chair behind you he pulled you by your chest, "Careful with your steps." He warned as ignoring his eyes for a few seconds you finally aimed at them and your accelerated heartbeat did so much.

Looking into each other's gaze lovingly yet carefully, your once astonished eyes relaxed meeting his serene ones which held a question for you but you didn't want to answer.

"I have already told you, One wrong step can lead you down." He said as you gazed at his orbs with your mouth parted while he wiggled his orbs from your orbs to your mouth.

You gulped down saying, "I...I know... Don't beat around the bush! Tell me did you tuck me in the bed?" You asked, summoning all your courage by being an inch apart from him. He opened your mouth as your eyes trailed to the bottom of his face while his eyes were aiming at you, not knowing whether to tell you or not.

He slid his hand all along your waist, tugging you adjacent to his front as your hands reached to rest over his chest making your eyes enlarged with his gestures. He inclined his visage to you while your head headed back but he swiftly turned his face next to your ear as he could feel your hot breath on his neck which he felt cold as water trickled down his skin.