CH 22 | LOVE IN THE AIR

A couple of weeks wafted like a scent in the air, You were basking on the couch while lolling located near the glass pane in the library filled with a vast amount of books, containing a seconds course which one has to make its way through the stairs.

The slight rays of sun embraced your visage with an amber tincture as your whole engrossment was on the book you were holding onto with its spine resting on your index finger and your thumb on the displaying page you were reading.

"Love" The first word you read on the pristine page. The sudden muse caught your mind, immediately capturing Jungook's visage after reading that word. It was a bit erratic. What is the relationship between the word, Love and Jungkook?

They stood opposite each other just a thin wall separating them in your heart. The words rushed into your brain when he came into your bedroom that night.

-------

You heard the door of the bedroom open as you clutched your eyes shut, "I won't talk to him. I won't show him that I have been awake this late at night just for him." He approached you ambling towards you as he peered onto your sleeping face with a mild smile appearing on his face.

He blinked gazing at you as you felt the mattress sinking, he sat on the periphery of the bed, "I am sorry." He whispered in a low voice, "I went out after our row but it was important."

You heard him go silent but he broke it, "I can't let you drown in my miserable past which is affecting my present and trying to ruin our future. I know that you being with me is much more dangerous for you and I... I will try my best to shield you from them." He unbuttoned the button of his suit jacket, taking it off slowly as you gulped a lump in your throat, trying to listen further, not getting caught.

You perceived him taking a sigh, "I missed you." He let it out, knowing you couldn't hear him. He bit down on his lower lip, sucking in his teeth. Hanging the coat over his left arm and resting it over his thigh, he added, "I say, you came back to Seoul. My heart fluttered watching you after so long...."

Again pausing for a few seconds, reminiscing the movement when you ran into his embrace, "But Neil, I wasn't expecting him. Introducing him as your boyfriend, I was all adequate, I saw how happy you were with him but the unsettled feeling in my heart didn't let me sit back down."

"He wasn't the one whom I was expecting. He wasn't the one for you." He completed, inhaling deeply. "How can someone enjoy when their beloved one is hurt or scared? Switching off the lights of your room wasn't a thing to laugh at. It was a wildly absurd thing one would do to their loved ones."

He shifted a little on the mattress, "I know you still don't believe me that he was the one behind Mr. Lee's death. I won't object to your decision of taking his side. The one who you have loved but I can't help myself, hold myself back when someone tries to hurt my beloved ones."

His voice setting off, low but still, he spoke, "Mr. Lee left us, You to me but... I... I don't have you." His voice fainted at his last sentence while you held back your tears behind your shut eyes, they were trying to let them out of there but you still held them back in their place. The clutch over the duvet stiffened.

"Over the past years, I have been hindering my feelings for you but, in the end, you love someone else with all your heart. He didn't deserve your love, he doesn't deserve you. Even when he is the one wrong and is gone, you still love him with all your heart and soul."

Licking his dry lips he declared, "But my heart you would be the only one who would conquer it all the way around, I won't cast around someone similar or even like you."