⋆˚ఎ 𝟒𝟏 ໒˚⋆

The definition of love dissolved into something very foggy and unclear to Yeonjun a long time ago.

Sleeping under the same roof of a broken family can lead to many interesting conclusions and perceptions such as understanding from a very early age that screams and shattering emotions are never part of a healthy relationship. So it's safe to say that Yeonjun knew from the beginning that what he experienced at home was far from normal. But the real question that always tormented his head was: what is and what should be normal?

Every memory he had kept inside his mind from when his parents were together revolved around the cycle of aggressiveness and regret that would eventually get thrown into the corners of the house, like some old dust that stays hidden and never gets cleaned. There was nothing good about his parents' love, it all seemed toxic and unfixable and Yeonjun sometimes questioned his existence and actual meaning in this world. Am I here just because they thought I would cure their hatred for each other? To be the miracle that would bring them together again? The excuse they'll use to still be part of each other's lives even though everything they touch gets ruined? And all those questions were answered the moment his mother made it clear on his eighteen's birthday that he simply existed because they needed something to make their relationship work again.

Being an only child is great when we talk about the attention you receive because there's no one to share it with. But it's very lonely when you realize you have no one to talk to in moments of stress and sadness. Because friends can be a huge help, but only brothers and sisters will truly know what happens between four walls. So Yeonjun always desired a brother to be his escape from the nightmare he was living because knowing you're not alone makes the situation more bearable. But that brother never came and Yeonjun had no choice but to be alone and listen to the distant screams of the voices that once soothed him to sleep.

After some time, Yeonjun's mind unconsciously decided it was best not to try to understand everything. He observed his parents, his schoolmates, and the people around him and never questioned their behavior or relationships. He knew the basics, such as cheating is wrong and abuse is unforgivable, but he never really tried to understand how a relationship works. So when he had his first girlfriend, it was no surprise when she said "We have to break up. You clearly don't like me."

Yeonjun hears a soft knock on the door and frowns his brow. His roommate Changbin was out of town because he went to visit his parents and the only people that ever came to the house were him and his friends. He pauses the movie he was seeing on the TV and walks towards the door, peeking through the peephole. Not even a second later, he opens the door with his eyes wide open.

"What are you doing here?"

Right in front of him was a very tall guy with his back leaning against the wall, eyes closed, and the brightest smile on his face, like he was having the greatest dream of his life. Yeonjun narrows his eyes and flips Soobin's forehead, instantly waking him up from his daydream.

"W-What?" The younger asks as soon as he opens his eyes.

"I asked what the hell are you doing here."

"That's a pretty interesting question..." Soobin says in slow motion and makes his way inside Yeonjun's house, not even bothering to take his shoes off. "What a cozy house you have..."

"You're lucky my roommate isn't here," Yeonjun says after closing the door. "How did you find my address?"

"Secret..."

Yeonjun watches as his friend stumbles multiple times before leaning against the wall for support. Is he drunk?

"You're acting weird..." Yeonjun states after seeing Soobin's nose glued to the painting on the wall.