⋆˚ఎ 𝟒𝟔 ໒˚⋆

Taehyun was never the impatient type. Things like being in a huge line at a coffee shop or awaiting the arrival of an important package never really meant anything bad to him. Instead, it strengthened his level of calmness and it helped control the inner piece that he's been maintaining since his childhood days. He was patient about everything and took pride in that matter, holding that characteristic as one of his best virtues.

But something about today was pissing him off, to the point where he could no longer keep up with the so-called tolerance that he carries around as his middle name.

"This place is so beautiful, isn't it?"

Beomgyu's soft voice makes its way inside Taehyun's ears and the latter just hums in response. The place was indeed beautiful; Beomgyu took him to one of the most famous parks in Seoul and Taehyun couldn't help but feel mesmerized by the astonishing view. There was green everywhere, the trees were tall, the shiny grass looked healthy, the lake reflected the clear blue sky and the sun shined like on one of those hot Summer days. No wonder this place was famous and full of tourists all the time! Luckily, the two boys didn't have to stand on their feet for too long, as they spotted an empty bench right away.

"Is everything alright?" Beomgyu asks after some time, his brown eyes looking directly at Taehyun, making the younger's stomach bubble inside. He nods and the ravenette shows him a big smile. "I want to show you something."

He takes Taehyun's hand in his and guides him through the park, intertwining their fingers when he's sure Taehyun won't let go of his hold. The pink-haired boy pretends not to care, changing his focus to the group of children that were happily playing on the swings and the little dogs that were jumping in the grass, afraid that if he kept looking at their hands, his cheeks would act on their own. They stop near a big fence, Beomgyu's eyes looking expectantly at Taehyun's as he waits for the younger to realize where they were. Taehyun looks around and a surprised sigh escapes from his lips, his eyes analyzing the dozens of padlocks that were attached to the wall, forming a lovely pattern.

Despite having seen at least five movies where they mention the love padlocks and their meaning, Taehyun pretends to be clueless about their symbolism. "What's this?"

"They're love padlocks. Couples usually lock them on this wall. It's supposed to give them luck and stuff like that..." Beomgyu talks as if he's not interested but Taehyun catches a glimpse of enthusiasm in his voice. "And today I was thinking..."

He makes an extremely long pause and Taehyun narrows his eyes in his direction, not knowing how to study the older's face properly, as he was showing one of his usual poker faces. But everything makes sense the moment Beomgyu takes a little black padlock from his back pocket and places it in Taehyun's hands. The younger is speechless as his eyes analyze the cute dark object with two initials painted in the color purple. He smiles: that's his and Beomgyu's favorite color combined. Does that mean they're a couple? Or is Beomgyu going to ask... His thoughts are suddenly interrupted by an information that confuses his brain: the initials weren't correct. B+H was written in the middle of the padlock and Taehyun had to blink at least three times to be sure he was seeing correctly. He immediately looks at Beomgyu and is a little taken aback by his laid-back posture and his smiley face.

"I was wondering if you could help me place it on the fence. I'm sure Hongjoong is going to love this in another life..."

+×+

Taehyun chews the food on his plate with little motivation, the echo of all the different people that were also having dinner at the same restaurant making his head hurt and his eyes roll without him noticing. Too loud. He takes a look at Beomgyu and judges how happy he is while eating his hamburger in the most unclassy way possible, his mouth too small for the huge-sized burger. In other circumstances, he would laugh and make bets with the older to see which one of them could eat without making too much of a mess. But not today, as Taehyun was tired and bothered by all the strange things that have been happening since he woke up.