⋆˚ఎ 𝟒𝟖 ໒˚⋆

Living a life surrounded by failure after failure, Soobin has never been content with his academic life. Sure he'd spent his last three years of high school having reasonable grades and a few A's on his projects, but nothing really extraordinary. He used to think that his study method was the one to blame and tried to change it countless times, wasting hours of his precious time figuring out the best way to get the good grades his parents (and himself) always wanted.

But nothing ever seemed to work and Soobin found himself trapped in a loop of continuous unsuccess, watching the days go by while being locked inside a bubble of sadness and sorrow.

Choosing to go to university was challenging. His father had kept a backup plan in case Soobin's studies went wrong (he had never had that much faith in his son, to begin with) which was working at his company so he could mold him to become the future owner. So convincing his father that he wanted to follow his own path and continue his studies was hard. After days of fighting and yelling, Soobin finally got what he wanted and was admitted to the University of Psychology of Seoul.

But as everything seemed to be going well for once, Soobin faced his worst enemy: neurology class. He was very fond of that subject once it started, all the brain and science stuff was extremely interesting for a guy that spent all his high school learning languages and attending boring classes like history and geography. But everything started to fall apart after the first neurology exam where Soobin, along with most students of his class, failed miserably. It was just too hard and the professor seemed to be happy with the students' misery. Soon Soobin found out that that professor was known for his unfair exams and almost everyone had trouble passing his class.

Despite not being the only one continuously failing, Soobin couldn't help but feel hopeless. It was like all the effort he made to finally convince his father to accept his decision was going to waste. And maybe his father was right. Maybe Soobin should've just shut his stupid mouth and joined his family's company.

"I'm tired of this!" Yeonjun complains and puts the controller aside. "You're clearly cheating."

"Excuse me, I am not!" Soobin watches his Mario Kart character on the big screen, about to win a gold medal. "You're just bad at this."

"I'm not! Beomgyu taught you some cheats in this game, I'm sure of it!"

Soobin playfully rolls his eyes, not letting it slip that Beomgyu had in fact taught him some secret places when they played together. "You're just jealous I'm always winning. C'mon, it's your time to choose the match. I'm waiting."

"Fuck you, I'm not playing anymore." Yeonjun throws himself on Soobin's bed and the younger follow his steps and lays next to him.

"How are things with Beomgyu, by the way?"

Soobin shrugs. They were definitely better now that Beomgyu acknowledged that he was isolating his best friend. But Soobin regrets admitting that he had a crush on him because now the ravenette uses that information to make him feel embarrassed and regretful every time they talk.

"It's good. I told him how I felt, he apologized and now he's been more careful." Yeonjun nods softly. "Oh, and I told him that I used to have a crush on him and now he doesn't shut up about it."

"Really? You told him?" Yeonjun's voice gets higher and Soobin gives him an embarrassed small smile. "And what did he say?"

"Nothing much, I don't like him anymore so it wasn't too weird."

Yeonjun gives him a side eye, waiting for his friend to elaborate. However, Soobin never dared to speak again and Yeonjun just accepted the silence, his mind now focused on finding a comfortable position under Soobin's sheets. But he couldn't help himself not to say one last thing.