1

DRAKE.

Ah, shit. Another fucking day to waste at the most disgusting place ever.

In my dad's fucking hospital.

Oh, sorry. Was that too much curse words for an introduction? Anyway, my name is Drake. My life? Well, it's kind of eventful, if you ask me.

What do I do for a living? I'm a doctor.

Born and raised in a wealthy family which I never asked for but happened anyway. And by "rich," I don't just mean a family that eats more than three times a day, goes out of town occasionally, or has the privilege to go to a private school.

By "rich," I meant a family that owns a huge ass corporation with branches all over the world, a business passed down to generations and generations, several condominium units from different cities, different hotels and airlines whenever we want to travel, kids going to prestigious schools all over the globe, designer bags, clothes, and all kinds of things one wants to buy to be called as a fucking rich person.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

However, I don't claim my family's fortune as my fortune, too. I'd literally choose to study and work 24/7 than take part and be the heir of a shitty corporation who is not only racist but degrades every poor person they meet, whenever they get the chance to.

In short, we are a whole generation of doctors of different kinds.

Only a few of my cousins, uncles, and aunts, who are also doctors, have the actual care for everyone—not only for those who have their names built up in the society—but also for those who are hanging at its feet.

Still, I have to work in my family's hospital as an doctor, sucking all the bullshit up to prove to everyone in this goddamn place that anyone in need of a doctor should have a doctor to treat them.

"I'll go for a quick rounds before lunch. Don't wait for me." I replied to my dad who was asking me to eat lunch with him.

I don't really do rounds at lunch time but since I don't want to eat with my dad, might as well do something for a change.

"You've been avoiding me, Drake. I'm not that stupid." He said. I could feel him looking straight at me while I fix some of my paperworks.

I scoffed, "Oh, you noticed? Congratulations." I said in a very sarcastic tone.

Oh, how I love annoying my dad so much.

"Fine. But Drake, You have to meet up with the Evangelista's daughter tonight. Masyado ka nang maraming pinakawalan noon. Maybe you can give this a chance para makapagpakasal and strengthen our ties with—"

"I'll start doing rounds, dad. See you when I see you." I cut his shitty lecture off and walked out of my office.

I could still hear him calling my name but I didn't care anymore. Talking with him is just so fucking suffocating.

----

"Thank you, Doc Rylie!"

Shiela is one of the patients here in the hospital which I'm treating for free. She lost her parents at a very young age and at 16, she's already fighting pneumonia, caused by working in different factories to sustain her and her two younger brothers' daily needs.

The least I can do is make sure she lives. She still has a long way to go.

"You're welcome. Nag-iimprove ka na. Kapag nagpatuloy 'yan, baka makalabas ka na dito in a month." I smiled, making her smile, as well.

She's weak. But she's trying.

"Thank you, Doc. Tatandaan po kita kapag gumaling na ako. Ililibre po kita sa paboritong karinderya namin ng mga kapatid ko."

Do not cry here, Drake.

I smiled, giving her a nod and a pat on her head. "I'd love that. Magpagaling ha? I'll see you later."

When I left her room, I left out one of the biggest sighs I've had in less than a month.

Patients like her are the weaknesses of doctors like me. They don't deserve all the sufferings that they experience that's why we do our best to at least keep them alive and be able to get another shot of living the life that they want.

Para sa kanila, lumalaban kami.