25

6 months later

Six months had passed after the surgery and in that short period of time, a lot has changed already. A lot has happened and are still happening that surely made a huge impact on some peoples lives per se Drakes friends.

But most importantly, Drake...

.

.

.

survived.

Drake grew his hair back, gone back to gaining weight and working out, started working for voluntary medical services in different provinces while building up his own clinic in the city, and overall, just continued living his life once again.

However, there's just one thing keeping everything off the track.

Drake completely lost his memory.

As they all had expected, the moment Drake woke up, he had no idea who he was, where he came from, who are his friends, what happened to his family, and basically just everything about himself.

The doctor said it might take up to a year or two before he completely retrieves his memory.

In the meantime, Drake's just doing everything he can to try and live normally.

"May meteor shower daw mamaya ah. Alam mo?" Hans asks.

Kiel and Cedric are both busy and can't come along with them so it's just him and Drake joining together for lunch.

"Yeah, nabalitaan ko kagabi. Sana makita natin 'no?" And Drake replies.

"Alam mo ba, sobrang hilig mo sa—"

"Everything about astronomy. Yes, Hans, you and the guys remind me that almost every single day since I woke up." Drake chuckles, shaking his head.

Hans sighs, "Grabe 'no? Magttwo years na bukas mula nung nagstart kang magpa-chemo. Parang kahapon lang tinitimbang pa natin kung mabubuhay ka pa but now, look at you!"

Drake looks at Hans as they both grin widely. "Still feels so surreal to me. Kaso nga lang, I lost all my memories."

"Shh, you'll get them back soon. Kaya nga kami na'ndito eh. Para tulungan ka."

"I really hope the process speeds up somehow. Gusto ko nang maalala lahat. Pakiramdam ko sobrang laki ng nawala sa pagkatao ko nung nakalimutan ko yung buong buhay ko eh."

"Of course. Naiintindihan ko, Drake. But don't lose hope, alright? You'll remember soon."

Drake smiles, nodding. "I really hope so. Thanks, Hans."

"No big deal. Were here for you."

Lunch arrived soon and they started eating while chitchatting and a little gossiping about some things around them.

After finishing their meal, the two bid each other goodbye as Hans' duty calls, needing him back in the architectural firm where he works.

Drake, on the other hand, only needs to rest for the rest of the day so he heads back to his penthouse and stays at the rooftop, taking in a bit of fresh air.

Drake sat on the bench at the rooftop, enjoying watching the sunset as it beautifully paints the sky with streaks of warm relaxing colors.

He roams his gaze around and abruptly stops for a brief moment when his eyes catch this man standing by the rooftop ledge, not too far away from him.

He looks familiar. Drake thinks.

Before he could even think his thoughts through, Drake has already stood up from his seat, approaching the man to talk to him.