13

For the whole week, Simon has been keeping himself busy, making sure he's off of Drake's grid all the time.

After that unexpected moment that they shared, it started getting a bit harder for Simon to accept that he's going to leave in less than three months.

Even though he has been waiting for this moment over the last five hundred years.

"Do you think there's an option for me to stay?" Simon suddenly blurts out.

He's at Lee's apartment while they're trying to figure out how he can make his departure smooth and successful.

Lee looks at him with a creased forehead and a are-you-fucking-kidding-me look before settling beside him on the couch.

Then, he blurts out the only question going on in his mind.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

Upon hearing that, Simon heaves a heavy sigh and flushes his face in his hands. "I knew you would react like that." He says.

"Just– what the hell is wrong with you, Lucas? Akala ko ba matagal mo nang gustong umalis? Naumpisahan ko na ngang ayusin yung mga papeles mo eh. Like always, it would be a clean natural death, and no one would suspect of it. Tapos ngayon, tatanungin mo 'ko kung pwede ka pa manatili dito?"

Simon scratches his nape and stands up. "Look, I know it sounds absurd but what if I can?"

"You're not bound to live here, Lucas. This is not your home. A few more years and you'll lose your powers completely and you'll die miserably." Lee explains. "At hindi natin alam kung kailan ulit magkakaroon ng Leonid meteor shower. I mean, are you really willing to risk that chance?"

"But only the legends in our planet say that we will die if we stay on another planet. There's no proof to say that I'll actually die if I live on Earth for the next... I don't know... another hundred years?"

Simon turns his body to completely face Lee, looking at him in his eyes, desperately telling him what he wants.

"Lee, limang daang taon na 'ko dito sa mundong 'to. And so far, nothing bad has happened to me."

"Yes, but your powers started depleting recently, remember? Paano kung mawala nang tuluyan 'yan? Kakayanin mo bang mabuhay?" Lee asks and Simon sighs once again, looking down on his hands, fidgeting on his fingers.

Lee sighs, placing a hand on Simon's shoulder.

"You found a reason to stay, didn't you?"

A smile automatically forms on Simon's face as that question sparks up. He looks at Lee in the eyes, and his eyes were shining with hope.

"His name is Drake. I'm not sure about how love works in this planet but I'm pretty sure I'm in love with him. With every part of him, and with every part of myself."

Simon's eyes shine whenever he speaks of Drake. Even when the latter is not around, he is the only one that Simon desires.

"Look, I'm so sorry to burst your bubble but this Drake... he doesn't even know what you really are, Lucas."

"What if he accepts me?"

"Come on. Bakit kasi ngayon pa nangyari 'to? Kung kailan aalis ka na, tsaka ka pa nakahanap ng rason para manatili."

Simon chuckles at Lee's remark. "Even in my planet, destiny is such a cruel thing."

Lee sighs once again, "Lucas, this is not your home." He emphasizes every word, making sure Simon understands. And the other does, but it feels like he's being stabbed a couple of times in his heart.