2

SIMON.

In my five hundred years of getting—unfortunately—stranded on Earth, I have had the privilege to witness it all.

The world wars, the different cultures, how some of the things were made, how some languages started, how ideas were invented, and many more stuff.

Well, not to brag but....

... I kind of invented a few philosophies myself.

But of course, in order to adapt to this planet, I have to change my identity for every twenty to thirty years passing by.

I have become a doctor, a lawyer, a pre-school teacher, a college professor, a philosopher, a soldier, an athlete, a gym instructor, an accountant, a flight attendant, and many other jobs.

And of course, many generations have passed by and I can say that by now, I have completely adapted to what these Earthlings do and how their lifestyle goes on.

I guess I'm the literal definition of "you can be whoever you want to be."

I have witnessed most stuff.

And by "most," I mean seeing these Earthlings build projects, inventions, buildings, and other infrastructures that ought to destroy the beautiful nature of their planet.

Damn, what a pity.

By the way, I am Specimen 1416 from the planet S.JT 014—which is a name given by these Earthlings.

But for us, we call our planet, Helga.

For the last thirty years, my identity has been Simon Lucas Nase, a Computer Engineer.

But of course, I wouldn't be able to pull off all of these cover-ups if it weren't for my great companion, Mr. Lee. I met him thirty years ago and he was only twenty five back then.

He's an astrologist and has been helping me find a way to finally get out of this planet.

He aged a lot while not a single feature on my face changed.

This is why I don't like making any human friends.

They'll eventually grow up and grow old while I stay stranded... while I stay the same.

"Kumpleto na ba lahat ng papeles mo?" Mr. Lee asks over the phone.

I'm currently making my way to my newly bought penthouse and Mr. Lee is still here, checking up on my paperworks and whatever stuff I will be needing.

I nodded, though he couldn't see me.

"Yes. I organized everything at nadala na rin naman na yung iba kong gamit sa penthouse. I'll be fine, Mr. Lee. Sanay na ako."

I heard him chuckling, "Alright. But Simon, never hesistate to give me a call if you need my help, alright?"

"I know. Thank you, Mr. Lee. I'll see you soon." I said before hanging up.

And the time was just right that after I put my phone down, I have also finally reached the penthouse.

-----------------------------

"To project architect Kyle Suson! Cheers!!"

The three boys went wild that night. Drinking, dancing together around the club, talking to strangers, making out with strangers, throwing up, drinking again, playing drinking games, throwing up even more, dancing.... again, and... throwing up some more.

It was three in the morning when they finally got tired and decided to stop. They were just sitting on one of the round couches, heads spinning, clothes unbuttoned up to their chests, hair slightly crumpled, and their scents mixed up with strong perfumes, alcohol, and cigarettes.

Ezekiel did not drink that much, knowing he has a much lower tolerance than Hans and Drake. Yet Hans is totally passed out, while Drake is almost half-asleep, still whispering curse words due to how much his head hurts.

"Let's go, I'll drive you off." Kiel said before hanging Drake's arms over his shoulder and carrying him up on his back.

"Tangina ang bigat mo." He whispered, making Drake chuckle.

"Thanks, Kiel. Love you. Kaya bestfriend kita eh." Drake said while poking Kiel on his cheek.

How he wished they were more than that. . . . .

"Baliw. Dalhin muna kita sa kotse, babalikan ko si Hans after."

Ezekiel drived for the two boys. While Hans is sleeping soundly on the backseat, Drake is sitting on the passenger seat, trying to sober up by drinking a can of cold coffee.

"Makakatulog ka ba even after drinking coffee?" Kiel asked.

"Oo naman. I don't think the caffeine would kick in that fast."

After a few more minutes, they stopped infront of Drake's penthouse building.

Before going down, Drake faced the backseat, kneeling on his chair until he reached Hans.

"Congratulations, gago." He said before kissing Hans on his head.

Kiel laughs at that as he watches how Drake struggles to get back on his seat.

"Ayan, kung ano-ano kasing naiisipan mong gawin. Umayos ka nga! Pakalikot ng lasing na 'to." Drake laughs as well when Kiel started scolding him.

"Eto na, sige na. Thanks for driving, ingat kayo pauwi." He was about to open the door and get out when Kiel suddenly stopped him.

"Drake, wait—"

He looked over at Hans to check if he's really asleep and after that, he held Drake by his collar and pulled him close until their lips crashed.

Surprised, Drake suddenly pulls away, and gives Ezekiel a confused look.

"I'm sorry—"

"I gotta go." and he goes out of Kiel's car and walks inside their building without even looking back.