23

"Thirty minutes." Drake whispers as he and Simon looks up the night skies, waiting for their time to come to an end.

They went up to the rooftop to spend their remaining hours together, holding each other's hands, not letting each other go.

Both their hearts already carry too much pain but who would've known that those can carry a lot more when the day that they part comes?

Simon pulls Drake into a hug, feeling his body close to him one last time.

Make moments last. They said.

But in reality, not all moments last. Some are bound to end quicker than you think.

Like Drake and Simon's story. It was bound to end even before it can begin.

Maybe destiny really wrote it that way.

"I... I love you... so much..." Drake says in between his sobs.

Both of them are crying hard on each other's shoulders, silently hoping to the universe that they can just stay that way forever.

"Mahal na mahal kita, Drake. Magpagaling ka. If I ever find a way back here, babalik ako. Pangako."

Drake nods in reply, sniffling. "Magpapagaling ako. I'll make sure I'll see you again someday. If not in this world anymore, maybe somewhere else."

Simon pulled away, caressing Drake's face for the last time.

He sighs, smiling. "Mahal na mahal kita, Drake. Mahal... na mahal... na ma––"

Drake didn't let Simon finish as he pulls him close until their is no gap in between the two of them.

Their lips crashed against one another, perfectly fitting each other's molds.

Their tears continue to fall as their lips tremble and their hearts felt the most vulnerable they've ever been.

Simon pulls away first, locking stares with Drake once again. He breathes, looking at him in the eyes.

"I-I... I have to go..." It was as if there was a lump in Simon's throat as he struggles to say those four words.

It was the most painful thing to say, yet the one that they needed the most.

Drake nods, looking down at his feet.

"Yeah, alright. Take care." He couldn't bear to look at him anymore. He couldn't bear to watch him leave.

He knew he couldn't take it.

And so Drake turns around, turning his back at Simon.

Simon quietly sobs, watching his lover walking away from him.

"Mahal na mahal kita." He whispers one last time...

... before vanishing into thin air.

Before reaching the door at the rooftop, Drake turned around again.

... and his heart completely shatters, seeing that Simon wasn't there anymore.

His body completely falls to the ground as he sobs loudly, letting himself cry his heart out.

And at that moment, a meteor fell from the sky, followed by another, and another, and another... until the Leonid Meteor Shower was seen from afar.

It was beautiful. Historical. One for the books, as they may say.

But to these two lovers, it was the most tragic thing to ever happen, as it marks the day the universe took their time away.