17

KIEL.

I was standing outside Drake's room when Cedric and Hans arrived and we immediately hugged each other for comfort.

"Kumusta siya?" Hans asks.

I sighed, "Still unconscious. Nilagay muna siya sa private room kasi i-eexamine pa. The examination might take a few days if Drake won't wake up soon."

"Who brought him here?" Cedric asks this time and I shrug in reply.

"None of them knows."

"Pero teka, it happened while Drake is in his unit, right? Paanong may nakapasok para iligtas siya?" Hans says. Oo nga naman.

"Baka alam yung passcode niya?" Cedric asks again.

"But the walls are soundproof. How can someone hear him and enter his house at the right time?" And Hans refutes.

How is that possible?

"What if magkasama na sila sa loob nung penthouse ni Drake when it happened kaya naligtas niya kaagad?" I asked. It was the only reason I could think of.

The other two just agreed to that possibility and we continued waiting for Drake to wake up.

At about two in the morning, a doctor approached us.

"We don't think Drake will be waking up at any time soon. It's best for the three of you to go home and rest. You can't enter the room anyways since we're not yet done examining him. We'll give you a call once Drake is awake."

As all three of us are already tired, we just agreed to go home and gave my number for the doctor to call.

"Thank you, doc. Una na po kami."

"Take care, you three."

------

Three days have passed but Drake still hasn't regained his consciousness. No one else looks after him in his hospital room except for his doctor and nurses.

Since Drake is still unconscious, having someone to look after him would just be useless since there's nothing much to do.

Yet his friends visit him at least once a day to check in on him and get updates on the doctor's findings about whatever Drake might be going through right now.

On this third day, at around two in the afternoon, Simon enters the hospital, kind of nervous about visiting Drake.

He makes his way to the receptionist and immediately asks for Drake's room.

"Kaano-ano po nila yung pasyente?"

Oh no, what do I say? Simon thought.

"I uhm... I'm his friend."

"Ano pong pangalan nila?"

He thinks about it for a few seconds while quickly scanning over the log book that the nurse was holding.

There are only five people registered that may visit Drake. They are Kiel, Hans, Cedric, Lea, and Stephen.

"Cedric." Simon blurts out. The nurse seemed convinced and tells him which room is Drake assigned to.

Room 116

"Sixteen. Favorite number niya pa." He mentions before cautiously holding on to the doorknob.

Simon closes his eyes for a brief moment and as soon as he opens them, everything around him stopped moving. He slowly made his way inside the room and when he confirmed that no one else is inside, he made time continue moving again.