19

A week has passed since Drake and his friends found out the devastating news about his health.

It's been a week since Drake got out of the hospital, a week since Simon confessed his truth, and a week since Drake's friends have been trying to convince him to get medication.

To remove the tumor in his brain, the doctor advised Drake that he needs to undergo chemotherapy and radiation therapy.

Yet for some reason, Drake doesn't want to.

"It's a bit too early to say but if you don't take medication as soon as possible, your body might give up at any time soon." Was the doctor's last words to Drake before he told them that he wants to get out of the hospital.

-------

DRAKE.

Simon pulled me into his unit after sharing that quick warm hug.

I can't even process what was happening yet but I knew I had to go with the flow tonight.

If everything about him was true, and he can't just go without at least talking to me, then it's just fair that I give him what he wants.

To be honest, I don't want to leave this world without being able to tell him about me being sick, as well.

I don't want to die without letting him know it'll happen soon.

When we reached the living room, Simon stopped walking and faced me. He still held my hands while keeping his gaze locked into my eyes.

"Go on, Simon. Makikinig na ako." I said, urging him to start. Simon then nodded before holding both of my hands once again.

"I'd like to show you what I'm capable of. Hindi ako kagaya mo... because I'm not human, Drake."

That didn't really make much sense in my mind but then, in a blink of an eye, Simon disappeared from my sight.

My eyes blinked and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I try to wrap my head around the situation.

What the hell just happened? I just blinked, didn't I?

I turned around and almost got cold sweats when I saw him standing behind me.

"Wha- how did that-" I just ended up staring at Simon in confusion as I couldn't find the right words to say.

"That was a part of the things I can do, Drake. I can even take you with me."

Before I can even process what he meant by that, Simon suddenly took my hand and as my eyes blink, I saw the two of us standing inside his bedroom, by the door.

I almost lost my balance and fell on the floor but Simon quickly placed his arm around my waist to keep me steady. My eyes widen in shock and my jaw drop as I look around us.

We're literally in his bedroom??? What the fuck?!

"What?" My voice almost sounded like a whisper. Then again, Simon wasn't done yet.

"Take my hand, please?" He asked nicely and I just let him take my hand and intertwine our fingers together.

He then placed his other hand on the doorknob and twisted it open.

I expected us to finally get out of his bedroom but suddenly, we went out to the building's rooftop instead. The cool breeze immediately wraps itself around us, making me shiver.

I was busy staring at the large open space in front of us when I felt Simon's arm wrapping around my shoulder. He gently pulls me close until the side of my body is leaning towards his chest.

I blinked and turned my head to stare in his eyes that were already staring back at mine.

I have never seen anyone look at me the way Simon does.

His eyes are filled with love and longing, reflecting mine, and it provides comfort to our hearts in pain.

"That was so... cool." I said and the two of us suddenly started chuckling.

Our heads unconsciously moved forward at the same time, making our foreheads touch. We just stayed that way and savor the moment we both know will end soon.

"Close your eyes, my love." I smiled at Simon's sudden endearment and immediately did as he said.

I then felt a soft mattress under us and when I opened my eyes, we are now lying on his bed.

Simon lets me lay on his chest while his arms were wrapped around me, keeping me secure.

I inhaled his scent and smiled. It was so comforting to me.

"It's fine if you still don't believe me. Maiintindihan ko naman."

"Of course I believe you. We literally just teleported. Sa tingin mo talaga hindi pa 'ko maniniwala sa'yo sa lagay na 'yun?" Simon chuckled at my remark and I felt the vibrations in his chest.

I sat properly and Simon did too so we could talk.

"Bakit pinapakita mo pa sa'kin lahat ng 'to?"

He gently took my hands, running his thumb along my knuckles.

"Because I want to be completely honest with you, Drake." He sighed before staring intently at me.

"Kung mamahalin mo 'ko, I want to be deserving of your love. I don't want you to settle for something less than you deserve. And I want to show you that I can be someone that you deserve."

My eyes started tearing up upon hearing Simon's words. I never knew that love as deep as this really existed in the world.

Ironically, I found that type of love with someone who doesn't even belong in this planet.

Simon gestured beside him and made the box of tissue on the bedside table float towards me. I giggled because of it. It was quite amazing to see.

"Thank you." I said but before I could take the box, Simon took tissues from it and proceeded to gently wipe my tears.

Still, I couldn't get the pain off of my chest. I know I have to tell him but–

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Simon suddenly blurted out.

My eyes widened a bit. "You can read my mind too?"

He nodded. "And hear your voice even if you're miles away from me. I always search for your voice. Gusto ko palagi kitang naririnig.... kahit hindi tayo magkasama."

"Don't worry, though. Hindi ko naman ginagamit palagi. I make sure to give you your privacy." He immediately said, assuring me.

"Sai..." I started off. "Kailangan mong umalis 'di ba? Sabi mo kailangan mong umuwi?"

"Drake..." Simon gently held my face and pulled me close before planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

His lips were still attached on my forehead when he whispered.

"I don't need to leave if you don't want to, Drake. Just tell me to stay... and for you... my love... I will."