10

"Hello, sungit." Drake greeted when he saw the other walking towards him.

"Yeah. Ikaw, kulit." And Simon answered, still panting from running from the tenth floor to the rooftop.

"Naks! May tawag na siya sa'kin." Drake continued teasing, making Simon's forehad crease.

Drake noticed that and chuckled. "Wala. Joke lang."

Silence envelops the two men as they stare at the sky, admiring how shades of yellow, orange, and pink are scattered across it, painting it beautifully like something you'd only see in the books.

"This is my most favorite part of the day." Simon suddenly blurted out.

Drake looks at him. "Dusk? Why?"

"Sunsets signify a day's end. But for me, when another day ends, I get one step closer to the day that I've been waiting for in so many years." Simon sighs, smiling, "The day that I leave."

"Saan ka pupunta?" Drake asks. As soon as Simon mentions that, something inside him stirs and it was totally unexplainable and uncalled for.

Simon then looks at him. Their eyes finally meet and for a moment there, both of them get lost in each other's tantalizing gaze.

Just like how the sun begins to sink at the horizon as it gently kisses the seas before every night.

And for the first time since they met, Drake stares intently at Simon's eyes, and he saw how they shine elegantly like the most precious gems he could ever see. And Drake thought, it was beautiful. He is beautiful.

Simon breathes before giving Drake a small smile, admiring how his brown orbs shine alluringly with the light from the sun.

And finally, he answers...

"Home."

Drake breathes and looks away from him. he clears his throat before asking.

"What happens when you leave?"

"What do you mean?"

"Babalik ka pa ba?"

Silence.

It's not that Simon does not want to answer that question but it's just that...

he doesn't know the answer either.

Drake suddenly looks at him, smiling genuinely. "It's okay, 'wag mo na sagutin."

Both of them did not know what to say next and if they should do something to lighten up the unexplainable dark mood. And before they know it, it was time for drake to go back to his room, and time for Simon to leave.

-----------

1 month passed after that dusk at a hospital's rooftop and the two men haven't talked since.

Simon has been meeting with Lee more frequent than usual while going to work everyday as well, as a computer engineer, still sticking to his make-up identity for the last three months on the planet.

He's also been perfecting his powers as he noticed that they've been deteriorating lately. Probably because he's been away too long from home.

As for Drake, he likes to think that he's been very busy with his job, taking as many patients as he can, like he always does. After his car accident, his father has been pretty much laying it low on him but if Drake didn't knew any better, his dad would most probably resurface any time soon and once again start yelling about how much of an ungrateful son he is.