Slowly falling for him

Yeona POV-

Yoongi and I sat together for dinner. I tried to avoid him until then, and was successful.

But, I really have to face him. It's not like I hate him... I just get embarrassed when I'm with him... Just don't know why...

"So... I let you be by yourself today. But, we need to talk. We need to find who killed your parents, right?", He said, softly.

SOFTLY.

What happened to the Min Yoongi I saw until now?!

How's he so sweet, suddenly?!

"See, you probably won't believe me, but I'm honest. Your parents came to me, suddenly. I didn't understand why. Because they rarely talk to me, even though they are always sweet and kind. They poured out everything they could, about the murderer. But, no matter what, because of some forces, they can't reveal his name."

"What?! What did they say?!", I asked, worried and curious.

"They said, this murderer, is different from whom we actually see. He's a sweet, jolly and kind person normally. But at times, just like the time he was with your parents, he goes mad. Mad, I mean, LITERAL mad. He gets angry, and remembers his past and screams out in pain, and it's really chaotic."

"What?!"

"Yes. When I heard how your parents described it to me, I realised it was none other than... Dissociative identity disorder."

"Wait. What?!"

"Yes. That person has a split personality. And I don't know if he's aware of it, or not. If he is, it's bad. If he doesn't, it's worse."

"Now, how do we find who has that?!", I asked, worried.

"We have to observe everyone. Day and night. Your parents said that he got mad when they talked about his past... So, try to ask others of their past and try to make them a bit mad at you."

"What if they kill me??", I asked, panicking.

"Will I let them?", He asked, winking at me.

My heart fluttered. I didn't expect him to give such a comment. I thought he'd tell something different.

Something like, "Well, then we'll know who it actually is. Sometimes, you have to sacrifice for the society..."

Or, "Just like I said. He has a vengeance over your whole dynasty."

Probably, "I'd kill you even before they try, so shut up."

Who knows, "Don't worry, I'll make sure your grave is next to your parents'."

"What else did my parents say?", I asked, ignoring my heartbeat's quick pace.

"Well, they gave this detail about the murderer and told me to keep you safe, and take care of you. They did want you to find the murderer. Not to revenge him, but to find the ACTUAL reason why he killed them."

"Murdering itself is a CRUEL thing, now it even has a REASON?!"

Yoongi gave a smile. "Well, I do understand... But, just like your parents explained, he has a disorder. He must have killed them, while in a mental trauma. These disorders arrive because of childhood experiences of repetitive abuse, like physical, mental, emotional, anything. Now, it might have been like, they were trying to help him, and he got mad, and lashed at them. And with some conversation, he must have gone mad, and killed them, I guess..."

"How can it be possible?! Killing them because they're helping?!", I asked, in disbelief.

"See, mind is a powerful thing. Only some people can actually control it well. The others, even I, have trouble managing it. Just small experiences can cause big changes in your head. Now he's been repetitively abused in his childhood, so he might have assumed that the people in front of him are trying to torture him, and might have tried to defend himself. Do you remember? Your parents were badly beaten up, and then choked. Not like how regular murders happen with a knife or gun."