•Four

Danielle in the house yo!!

Afa na, I no say you guys miss me. Especially this @pweetyefua, that girl na demon🤣

Sooo, I just decided (half decided 👀) that I would be updating Monday and friday. Issokay bah???

Oya, let's fall in 👇👇👇

"Soo lemme guess, you told him no?" Janet asked, munching on some dodo.

"Yes. He didn't quite expect it" I replied.

"Wow, the almighty playboy...was rejected" she said and sighed.

"He was sad oo, but he told me it was fine"

"Na lie! Fine kor. Someone that was looking as if they kill his family"

"He'll get over it sha, shey those girls that love him will surround him" I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"But...think of it Giwa.. maybe he really does like you. I mean there is always a first time"

"I dunno. Maybe, maybe not. But all I know is that I don't like him like that. He's fine but not my type"

"Pele, nah you get type?" She mocked. I eyed her and hissed.

"Abeg commot joor" I replied and tried pushing her away.

"Mama cool down joor. Small thing you dey vex so." She said and laughed, I too laughed. But then a thought crossed through my mind, seizing my laughter.

Tommorow was the day...

I haven't even told Janet..

"Eh Janet?" I called.

"Wassup?"

"I have something to tell you"

Seeing the serious expression on my face, she became alert and serious also.

"What is it?"

"It's about mum"

"Okay?"

I narrated everything to her from the beginning to the end. When I was done, I was a bit afraid to look at her face, I didn't want to see the disgust or disapproval on her face.

"Elyon Folade Matthews" She called. Elyon was my first english middle name while Folade was my other yoruba name.

"Mm?"

"Look at me" I looked up at her and tried to read her expression. She didn't have disgust nor disapproval on her face. I even thought she had a bit of renewed expression on her face.

"Do you hate her for it?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Good. She did wrong by sleeping with that man, bit she did it for you. Do you understand?"

In cases like this, Janet acts like the big mama while I was the younger daughter. She could be crazy and wild sometimes, but when it came to issues concerning me, she was like a mother hen.

"I know all that Janet. I am just worried on how my dad will take it. I don't want anything to happen in our family abeg"

"Don't worry. I know your father. He's not the stone hearted type. I'm sure he will understand."

"But-"

"Don't Giwa." She warned. "Just leave it. What will come will come. Pray and have faith"

"Okay, thank you. You've been a very great friend" I said and smiled

"What are friends for nah?" She smiled and hugged me. I hugged her tightly.

What would I have done without a friend like Janet?