Thirteen•

Heyyo!!!

How r y'all doin? I've missed y'all 😚

Sooo, are you ready for this chapter? If you are, signify by shouting!

Let's swim in...

Giwa.

During break time, I followed Empress along with the others to go meet this Coach Daniels.

He was young

He looked around twenty or so, cute for his age and looked every inch coach worthy. Immediately he saw us, his eyes brightened and he stopped what he was doing.

"Guys! Glad you could make it. Sorry I couldn't come to your class earlier, I had to do something" he said cheerfully.

"It's okay Coach, you called us?" Hosea said. Unlike before, he didn't have a bored expression on his face. He almost looked happy to see Mr Daniels. Whatever made him look not bored, well...he should keep it up, cause his face was... angelic.

"Yeah. So you guys know the Olympius is coming soon right?" Coach Daniels asked.

"Yes sir, we know."

"Good. I hope you all know your roles. Black Hills will not beat us this year." Then he looked at all of us and then stared at me, it took all of my energy not to hide.

"Ivie" he called softly and smiled.

"What are you doing this year?" He asked. I was confused, didn't Empress say I never did anything in sports?

"Uh, Mr Daniels, Ivie never does anything. She's too lazy for that, or should I say..too proud" Rita said with a smirk on her face.

Bitch

"I asked Ivie, not you. So? What are you doing this year Ivie?"

"But..sir...I never do anything. Why are you asking me that?" I replied confused.

" I'm asking you because I want you to do something this year. I know you can play sports, you are just letting pride take you away"  I flinched. Okay so that stung.

"So?" He asked. Everyone was looking at me, even Hosea. I swallowed and weighing my options. If I play, I might cause some news, If I don't, I will disappoint Coach Daniels.

"I'll play"

"What?!"  Rita screamed, Empress looked surprised, Ifeanyi looked shocked while Hosea looked...

Impressed?

"That's good Ivie. I look forward to seeing you on field. Anyway guys, training starts this evening. I won't be around so Hosea will coach y'all "

Squeals of happiness came from the girls including Empress.

We dispersed and left to each our different ways. Empress was still staring at me with surprise. She stared at me till I could no longer take it.

"What?" I asked.

"Bae, how can you ask ' what' when you just literally said you are going to play sports"

"So? I just wanna try something new, that's all. And I want to be closer to Hosea Soo"

"Well, that could be a logical explanation. But seriously, sports?"

"Empress-"

"Okay okay! I get it. You play sports and I'll support you" she said and raised up her hands in surrender.

Ifeanyi came towards us with Saviour and Rina.

"Yo guys, what's up?" Saviour greeted.

"We good"

"So Ivie, you are playing sports eh? That's one of the most shocking news I've ever heard in my life " Ifeanyi said

"Well, she is playing sports. Is that a problem?" Empress snarled. Ifeanyi turned and glared at her.

"Empress I was talking to Ivie, not to you. What's it with you anyway?" He asked.

"Uhm guys, make una chill oo" Rina said cautiously.

After exchanging glares, Saviour smiled at me and said.

"So that means you will be doing something this year. Praise the Lord!"  We all laughed at that. Ifeanyi left and Saviour took Rina away, leaving I and Empress.

"Babe what's going on between you and Ify? Why are y'all always arguing?"

"I don't like him. He gets on my nerves"

"But he didn't this time"

"Ivie...can we talk about this later? Please?"

"Fine. If you say so" I said and shrugged.

_____

When it was closing time, I went to the field. Empress and I had changed to sportswear in the female locker room. The short was very small and the shirt too. I had to exchange my shirt with Empress, since she was slimmer than me.

We met Hosea at the field, he in his own sportswear. Girls were busy ogling him, I didn't blame them though, he looked hot.

"Let's start with the races. Ifeanyi and Saviour, let's see what you guys got" He said.

Ifeanyi and Saviour ran. They were fast, even faster than Kanayo, the fastest boy in my other school. They ran 200m and Ifeanyi won.

"Okay then. Ify, you and I will run but not now. Let's see the girls"

Only Empress came out.

"Ivie? Why don't you run with our fastest girl?" Hosea asked I nearly choked.

"I don't think she should Hosea, let Nancy run with her first" Rina cautioned softly.

"Okay then. Nancy?" Nancy jumped out with a big smile on her face, intent on impressing him.

Immediately the whistle sounded, They both ran. Empress was freaking fast, even faster than Nancy. I began to feel my confidence wane.

Empress won.

Ifeanyi and Hosea went to the track to run again. At the sound of go, Hosea ran like lightening. There is nothing I can use to describe how fast he was. In like a second, he had already passed the finishing line.

"Jesus" I muttered. He turned and stared at me.

"Ivie? It's your turn"

******

Sooo...wat do ya think?

Would Ivie/Giwa run? Or would she not?

Read more to find out ..

Ciao