Fifteen

Hello!!

Okay, I know it's been eternity since I last updated and I am sorry! I've been so busy and ...and...

Okay chill now...chill..

Sorry for leaving y'all hanging like shi...I'm sorryyyyyy 😫

DON'T HATE ME!! PLEASE 🥺

So here's an update.

GIWA

"Now I hope you all are preparing for your chemistry practical. I am going to partner you all. Please I want nothing less than C, you give me any thing less than that and you have failed woefully in chemistry. Do you all get that?" The chemistry teacher barked.

"Yes sir"

"Now listen as I call your names and your partner" he said again and began rambling off names. I sank down on my chair and played with my nails. I thought of home. Even with my cormfortable life here, I still missed mum, dad and Janet. Especially Janet, I missed her vibes and her no-nonsense nature.

".... Ifeanyi and Empress.." he called out. That caught my attention and I smirked a little. I looked at Empress and wanted to laugh. She looked like she had been asked to jump from a thirty nine storey building.

I waited for the teacher to call my name. It was only I, Rita, Hosea and Jerry (one of the random boys in the class) that haven't been called out yet. I hope I won't get paired with Rita, that would be fatal!

"Rita and Hosea" I winced. Rita looked like she just won lottery. Hosea looked like....well Hosea.

"Ivie and Jerry" Despite the fact that I wasn't Ivie, I still feel a little bit hurt. I mean after Hosea nearly smiled at me, I kinda, key word 'kinda' liked him.But I shouldn't. Why? Because I wasn't the rich, popular and gorgeous Ivie. I was just a plain, poor girl who got tossed into her shoes by fate.

At the sound of the bell, the teacher immediately dashed out of class and everyone relaxed again.

"Heyy Ivie! Guess who got chosen to be with Hosea? Me!" Rita's annoying voice said. I sighed and tried to tune her out.

"Mute now? How does it feel it see I and Hosea together? Hurts right?" She sneered. I looked around and saw Ifeanyi give me a sympathetic look.

"Leave her alone Rita, must you always be an annoying bitch?" Empress retorted. Rita looked at her with contempt and huffed.

"You know well that the only bitch in this room is her" she snarled. "God knows how those parents of her tolerated her. Oh wait, they are all the same thing!" She said again and laughed. That broke the straw, I stood up and glared at her smirking face. If there was something I hated bitterly, it's my parents being insulted. Even if these parents were not my real ones.

"That's enough. I will not have you insult my parents in my presence. Now please if you have nothing to do, go fuck off!" I said and proceeded to the door.

"Aww did I strike a nerve?" She drawled mockingly.

I didn't answer, just walked faster so I could get out. Because of my anger, I couldn't see properly where I was going, just walked blindly. Then I bumped into someone and fell on my buttocks to the ground.

"You should at least watch where you are going " I opened my eyes and saw Hosea standing above me, a bored expression on his pretty face. He stretched out his hand and dragged me up to my feet effortlessly. I stared a him, a bit shocked.

"Stop staring Ivie, this doesn't make us friends " he said dryly and walked passed me. Embarrassed, I dusted my clothes and dashed out of the class.

*****

IVIE.

So far...

Life

Has

Been

Hell!!!

I have gone through so many evil things this week! And everything seems to be against me. From the bed which was just designed to break my bones, to the hot sun that just wants to roast me for no reason to my legs which would cut any moment due to heavy trekking to the teachers at school that actually flogs you if you came late..

I mean, who does that?!!

But as for my classmates, that was another aspect. Though it's a local school, the boys were really cute, especially the one called Chi something who flirts with every girl but stares at me all day.

Despite the fact I didn't want to be here, I enjoyed Janet's company. She was funny and witty and sarcastic. She also had my back against every girl who tried to act bitchy towards me.

But I still wanted to go home.

I missed mum and dad, Empress and the gang, Hosea, most especially Hosea. Poor boy, how would he be surviving without me?

I had to get home. I had to.

"Giwa are you listening?" Janet interrupted my thoughts. I smiled at her and nodded.

"Yeah I am Jay, continue" she smiled back and continued her tale of how she snagged a rich boy or so.

I hope my plan really works.

****

Thank you! Thank you for reading!!🥺🙈

See you soon

I mean really soin