Fourteen •

Good efining 😌

Hey guys...so my birthday is coming in three days time..that is, it's on the 18th of this month!!

I'm tired so I can't talk much, are y'all ready for anoda update?😁

I am...

Let's read..😌

Giwa.

"Ivie? it's your turn" Hosea said. Everybody was staring at me. Some if the girls looked at me with distaste, obviously they were thinking I will not run.

"Ivie" Hosea called again. I closed my eyes and counted one to ten then I opened them again.

"I'll run" I said, trying to calm my beating heart. I was scared, no doubt, I mean why wouldn't I? I'm the fastest girl in my other school. But seeing these extremely fast girls, I wasn't so sure ..

But I decided to do it all the same.

"O-kay. You are gonna run with Nancy, let's see how fast you are" He replied in a brisk tone. Nancy looked too confident, as if she was sure she'll beat me. I was afraid I'll lose and disgrace myself.

"On your mark!" I crouched.

"Get set!" My heart was beating like a drum. It was beating so fast, I feared it would pop out

"Go!"

I ran as fast as I could, my focus Only on the finish line. Once I passed it, I slowed down and stopped. Empress ran to me with wide eyes.

"Babe! You won! You were so fast ehn, come and see the space you gave Nancy" I looked around and saw some of them looking impressed, even Hosea didn't have that bored look on his face.

"You tried. But you are still going to run with Empress. If you are faster than her, both of you will go to the Olympius, if not, well I guess...too bad. Do you have strength?" He asked me. The sun cast a golden light k. His already golden brown skin, the breeze fluttered his long eyelashes and one curl of hair fell over his face, he looked... enchanting.

"Ivie" he called. I snapped out of my daydream and mentally slapped myself in the face.

"Yes, I-I still have strength " he nodded and went to the starting line.

"On your mark!"

I turned to Empress

"Bae, don't slow down for me okay?, Don't take it easy because we are besties"

"But-"

"Please, I need to show them I can do this" she looked at me for a while and nodded.

"Get set!" I muttered a small prayer.

"Go!"

It felt like I grew wings to fly, I saw Empress in front of me, then I shut my mouth and willed my legs to go faster, my eyes on the finish line. And then I passed it, I heard cheering, obviously Empress had won.

Rina came running towards me with Saviour trailing her, she had a big excited grin on her face.

"Ivs! You-You won! Oh my God you were fast!" She screamed.

"But Empress was faster. She crossed the finish line first"

"Uh no!" She replied

What?

Does that mean...

Does that mean that I...

"You won! You are faster than her. And you crossed first"

I won? I was faster than Empress?

"Congratulations Obinna. Finally we have seen another female race star. And you were hiding all these years" Saviour said and laughed.

I looked around and saw Coach Daniels. He was grinning, Rita had a priceless look on her face. She was annoyed. Empress grinned and gave me thumbs up.

"Ten seconds, you beat Empress record of eleven. That was good" Hosea said, one corner of his lips curled up.

Oh my God!

He...he smiled!

He just freaking smiled!

Feel my joy people!

"Gurl you are so lucky! Hosea smiled at you!" Empress gushed.

"Well...it wasn't really a huge smile"

"It's a smile all the same!"

"Omorr Ivie you tried. I'm sure you are even as fast as Hosea" Ifeanyi said as he shook my hand

"Ifeanyi this your exaggeration is too much. I'm not sure I'm even as fast as Empress. It's just luck" I replied.

"Trust me, it isn't luck. Oh and Empress?"

"What?" She snarled.

"There's grass on your hair" he said and smirked while her ears smoked violence.

These people.

_____

Sorry for long update..I've been very very busy....

Expect more!!

Love ya.

Ciao