Twelve•

Good evening 😌

Awa u? Honestly ayam bored 🥱 and I felt like typing Soo....

Let us enter now...

Third person pov.

Ivie was tired.

She had trekked to school and trekked back. Her legs felt like they had been banged with an iron and her back felt like Lucifer himself had beaten her.

Worse, Janet hadn't been speaking to her regularly and she was bored...and wanted to get out of the poverty sham life she had been forced into

She would think of something...

She would think of a plan..

Giwa.

"Senior Ivie"

"Senior Ivie"

"IVIE!!"

I woke up with a start to meet the staring face of Empress. I rubbed my ears and scowled, must she shout directly into my ear?

"What?" I demanded, unable to keep the irritation out of my voice.

"The junior student needs your attention" she said.

For what?

"For what?"

"Listen babe" she sighed and rolled her eyes.

I looked at the junior boy. He was tall so I guessed he must be in Jss3 or so..

"Continue" I said. He nodded and cleared his throat.

"Uh, Coach Daniels sent me here because he couldn't make it, he's busy right now."

"He sent me here to call a specific number of students, the rest can come during break time, but these specific students I'm about to call must be there"

I was impressed, for a junior, he had confidence, even in the midst of his seniors.

"For the boys, here are the names: Senior Ifeanyi, senior Favour, senior Solomon, senior Badru and most importantly, senior Hosea"

"For the girls, senior Empress, Senior Rita, senior Funmi, senior Nene and senior Susan"

I sighed in relief, at least my name wasn't in any list, so I was free.

"Oh and Senior Ivie? He wants to see you too. Personally" he said. My heart dropped. See me for what abeg?

"Empie, what is going on?" I asked.

"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you, the Olympius Completions are coming. So the coach wants to get us ready"

Wetin be Olympius now ehn?

"Empress, memory.." I trailed, tapping my head.

"Oh yeah, forgot sorry. The Olympius Completion is a competition of sports between schools in Nigeria. Each school that wants to participate in it trains their participants for the competition."

"Go on"

"It is done every year and it takes place at the National stadium. Our school didn't win last year because Hosea broke his leg"

"Hosea?"

"Oh yes, He is a demon in sports. Apart from his high IQ in academics, he's like a total emperor in sports. Black Hills beat us last year, making us second. Golden Trinity came after us."

"So he's good" it was more of a statement than a question.

"Good? Oh no, good is not the word you should use, he's perfect" she said.

"Wow. Did I do anything last year?"

"Nope. You don't like sports. You only went along because you wanted to be with your love" she said and smirked.

"So who's the best in the females?"

"Ah, we don't have any, but I guess Nancy and I and pretty good. Rita was to swim last year but she 'had an attack'" she added, saying the last part with an air quote.

"Rita swims?"

"Well yeah, technically. She's not the best of the best, but she's good"

"What about Ifeanyi?" Immediately, a dark scowl came over her face.

"He's good too. He's our second best basketballer. He's also good at long tennis"

"The first best?" I asked with a smile, already knowing the answer.

"Hosea" she replied dreamily.

I kept quiet. I wanted to participate in sports, I really did, but I was afraid it would make people think something fishy.

"How bad do I hate sports?" I asked Empress.

"As bad as you hate Rita"

Damn.

"So if I, one day out of the blue, tell you that I wanna do sports, what will you do?"

She laughed and shook her head.

"That day, I will take you to the hospital. Unless, the accident has damaged your brain."

"Ouch. You don't even have hope in me" I muttered.

"Baby, I have hope in you all the time. But in sports, it's not so high. Besides, I hope you know the Olympius comes before the Inter House sports?"

"Shoot. So I'm just going to cheer?"

"What else are you gonna do?" She asked with one eyebrow up.

"Nothing. I said and sighed.

"Nothing at all".

***

Aww poor Giwa/Ivie, she wants to play sports but she can't. Would she do it?

Nah, I don't think she would 🌚

Would she?🙆

Comment, vote and share. Love you!

Ciao.

Danielle.

P.s Pweetyefua, hang in there, we've got you.