Chapter 1

Y/n's POV

    "DUSSSSTTTTINNNNN!!!! HURRRRYYYY UUUPPP!!!! We don't have all day for you to fix your hair!!! I've been late five times already this year to early morning study group in the art room because of it! " I yell up the stairs. Just as I finish my statement , I see my brother jaunting down the stairs with a baby blue bill hat that says "Thinking Cap" in one hand while the other is smoothing back his curls.

"Sorry y/n but perfection takes time. These curls take time and tender care. Anyway, hat or no hat?"

"Did you seriously take an hour in the bathroom on your hair ONLY to put a hat on your head?"

"Yes...and?" I huff in annoyance at his response but then immediately smile as I remember who my brother is.

"Put the hat on. I love the hair, but the hat is a great addition to your outfit. Also, when am I getting one of those awesome shirts?"

"Y/n remember what I said, if you want one you have to actually be in Hellfire. Being my sibling is not enough."

"Okay I know I know. One day you'll say yes."

"No I won't but nice try."

"Yes you will."

"Nope."

I swear he is immovable.

Dustin and I head out the door to my yellow Volkswagen Golf and hop in. It still feels weird driving Dusty to High School with me. Actually walking into the same building makes me feel so old. Dustin and I have always been close, but I do try and give him space at school. It's been a rough go with bullies for him, but he insists on letting him handle things. I agreed to stay out of it as long as he remains true to himself. I had a few rude people my freshman year, but either than that I try to stay out of drama. I have one good best friend, Robin Buckley, and that's about it. People approach me all of the time, but it's never to get to know who I am, only to get in my pants. If they really knew the true me, they would think I am too different. That's why I am so close to Robin. She loves me for me and I love her for her. She is the only one that knows I paint the murals on the school building on saturday nights, or that I do naked karaoke when no one is home, or that I not only like boys but girls as well. She also is the only one that knows that I pine over the leader of my little brother's DnD group. Eddie Munson. I remember seeing him in middle school perform in the talent show with his band Corroded Coffin and that was it for me. I have always appreciated the fact that he is his authentic self no matter how others react. He is creative and really doesn't give two shits about what others think. Eddie would never talk to someone like me though. I'm not outgoing or open with who I truly am. I just go to school, play the simulation, lay low, and then return home. The only thing I have that I am proud of is not falling for the popularity gig. Besides that, Eddie would think I am pathetic.

I pull into the high school parking lot just in time to sprint to the art room.

"BYE DUSTY!!!! LOVE YOU MUCH!!!!" I say as I rush into the school.

I round the corner to the art room to see Robin's beautiful face. She smiles at me and beams with light.

"Y/n! You made it just on time. I thought you were going to be late...again."

"Robin I am sorry, but you know who my sibling is. We run on his time, not mine." I respond while chuckling.

"Oh well at least this isn't an actual study group. Here is your coffee." She says while passing me a mug filled with hot coffee.

"Thank you so much. So what's the update with Vicky huh? Did you talk to her at band practice yesterday?"

"Ummmm so funny story actually. I was going to talk to her at the end, but then Steve showed up to pick me up and I tragically had to leave."

I glared at Robin for a few seconds knowing this is the millionth time she has put off talking to her crush.

"Hey hey hey don't look at me that way! You know how difficult it is to be in love with a girl this day in age. She would probably shriek and run if she knew how I felt about her and YOU'RE one to speak. You've been on your hands and knees for Eddie for 5 years now and the only thing you have accomplished with him is Dustin being in his Hellfire Club."

"Wow that one stung. You're right though. UGHHHHHH why does love have to be so difficult. Of course the universe just has to make us both gay and NOT romatically love each other." I say hugging Robin from the side.

She looks up at me from the crook of my arm and responds, "but that's why we make the best friends."

We both giggle together as the first bell rings.