Chapter 2

Y/n's POV

    I stand up from my seat to leave math class as the lunch bell rings. I run to my locker to get out mine and Dustin's lunches. Ever since I could I always packed Dusty and I's lunches. Some may think it's cringey, but Dustin insists that I make the best double decker sandwiches in the world. I see Dustin waiting with Mike by the lunch room as I walk towards him.

"Here you go Dusty!" I say as I hug him and kiss him on top of the head. He quickly pulls away as Mike starts laughing.

"What have I told you Y/n. No hugs at school. You'll mess with my mojo."

"What mojo? That silly hat?" Mike chimes in.

"Y/n I thought you said that hat was cool."

"It is Dustin! Mike just doesn't appreciate fine fashion."

"Thanks again Y/n. Did you put extra sandwiches in here for the guys again?"

"Of course! I marked which one is for which just so Mike gets the one with extra mayo this time."

"YES thanks y/n." Mike said, grabbing the sandwich immediately out of the bag.

They both walked off toward their table. I slinked in searching for Robin and saw her in the back at the 4 seater small table. She waved once she saw me.

"Delivery successful. Now time for me to finally eat."

"Y/n you are so nice to Dustin. Most siblings fight all of the time or have some type of resentment towards one another, but the only thing you two argue about is Dustin using your curl cream."

"I guess we just get along naturally. He reminds me a lot of myself, but in a better way."

"Has the bullying gotten any better?"

"Not entirely, but I don't think he cares all that much. He follows a lot after Eddie now which has really boosted his confidence. I mean he never has paid much attention to bullies but now it's like they don't even get to him."

"I envy him." Robin says as we continue to eat lunch.

I finished my lunch early so I went to throw my trash away and as I'm walking back to our table I hear a raucous from across the room.

"...A GAME WHERE YOU TOSS BALLS INTO LAUNDRY BASKETSSS!!!" I knew that voice anywhere. I look up to see Eddie standing on a table making a clear proclamation to the basketball team. I giggle at what he had to say about it until Jason Carver stands and says,

"You want something FREAK?" That felt like a stab right into my body. I hurt for Eddie for how people treat him.

Just as Jason said that, Eddie retorted by making a face and holding up his hands like devil horns. My heart started beating fast as I saw his reaction. I love how things like that just bounce off of him. 

"It's forced conforming. That's what's KILLING THE KIDS!!" Eddie exclaimed.

I started walking again going past the Hellfire Club table. The boys see me and say, "Hey! Thanks again y/n you're the best."

"Oh stop. For all you know I just really enjoy making sandwiches."

I turn my head back forward and just as that happens I run into the person standing right next to the table.

"OH I'M SO SORRY." I look up through my curly bangs to see Eddie looking down on me smiling.

"Don't apologize. Beautiful people like you don't need to apologize for anything."

My brain froze at what he just said to me. WHAT? Oh my goodness I can't begin to fathom how to react. All I know is that I have to say something because right now I just look dumbfounded. SAY SOMETHING!

"Um that's not me but thank you for sparing me the embarrassment. I don't um... I can't... walking is something I'm not good at hahahahahh yeah okayyyy."

Good one y/n.

I immediately fast walk away to my lunch table. I sit and put my head down.

"Y/n I just saw you with Eddie what happened."

"I fucked up. Major. GOD why am I so stupid?"

"You are not stupid y/n you are just nervous. Everyone feels that way at some point including Eddie."

"No he doesn't. He is never nervous. I'M never nervous in front of people. UGHHHHH why does he have to do this to me? He probably thinks I'm ridiculous."

"That's not true y/n."

"He called me beautiful." I muttered into my arm.

"wHAt?"

"You heard me Robin."

"WHY ARE YOU SAD THEN Y/N THAT'S GREAT NEWS!"

"No it's not Robin. I screwed up my response TOTALLY! Now he knows something is up with me."

"Well then that just shows you need more interaction with him."

"Ughhhhhhh." I grunt into my arm.