Chapter 6

This is just a PSA, I am putting some time in between the night of the DnD campaign and Chrissy's death for the sake of the storyline. Thank you guys so much and I hope you are enjoying it! -Evelyn <3

Y/n's POV

    I have NO clue what to wear. My legs aren't shaved. My hair is absolute shit today. WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN NOW?!

Today I am hanging out with Eddie for the first time. It feels like a total dream. I will admit though I am freaking out. So far, it just seems like nothing can go right. The only thing I've accomplished is cutting up fruit for our walk as a snack. I don't even know if Eddie likes fruit so I'm praying he does.

I decided on wearing a long skirt with a cropped beige tank top and a jacket on top. I paired it with my brown boots just in case we go off roading a bit. God this better look more appealing than what I think it is.

I put on my favorite body oil and just wet my curls down a bit. I believe I'm ready to go. Let me grab a bag real quick and HOLY SHIT THAT'S A KNOCK.

He's already here? FUCK. I knew it was close to time, but I honestly didn't prepare myself for this actually to happen.

I pick up the bag, sling the fruit and some water in the bag, and head to the front door.

Breathe y/n. Breathe.

My hand is on the knob but it takes me a second to compose myself before turning it. Once I open the door, I become very confused.

There is no one there?

"What the..AGHHHHHH!!!!! EDDIE WHAT THE FUCK!" I scream as Eddie jumps out to scare me. He is laughing profusely and normally I would be pissed, but I just started busting out laughing as well.

"Hahahah got you Henderson!"

"God asshole you scared me!"

"My plan worked perfectly. Now I can give you these." He smiles as he pulls out a bouquet of wildflowers from behind his back.

"For you beautiful."

"Eddie, I don't know what to say. Thank you so much!" I say as I hug him. God his hugs are the best. He smells like heavy heavy dark cologne and an undertone of tobacco. My head fits perfectly on his chest. Like I said, a total dream.

"Hey I thought this was just getting to know the Hellfire replacement?"

"Trust me. I greeted everyone with flowers and hugs. No special treatment for you."

"Oh yeah sorry of course you did." I say giggling at his clear sarcasm.

"Are you ready to head out?"

"Yeah I think so!"

"Alright let's go. I've got a place I want to show you."

I can't begin to explain how hard I have fallen for this man. His soft brown eyes and tattoos. The veins that run on his hands like tree roots. I can't wait to see the guitar he plays with those hands.

As we are talking, I notice he is very passionate about music. I knew he played guitar, but I never realized how big of a part it was of his life.

He lives with his uncle, but never sees him because he works the nightshift at a factory here in Hawkins.

Hasn't mentioned parents, but I'm not going to push because he isn't talking about them for a reason.

He loves the boys in Hellfire Club very dearly, but asked me not to tell them because then they would think he is too soft. Eddie talks about Dustin like he is his own brother and something about that warms my heart.