Chapter 3

Eddie's POV

    God when is Henderson going to get here already I'm starving. It seems like he is always late to lunch. Or maybe I'm just impatient? No I'm not impatient. Those sandwiches he brings are just damn good. I never get tired of eating them. I never get tired of looking at the person who makes them either. Fuck Y/n Henderson. I didn't connect the dots that she was Dustin's sister until lunch for the first time with him and Wheeler.

(Flashback)

"Dude Dustin tell Y/n to make me a sandwich too tomorrow yours looks insane." Mike said to Dustin.

"Y/n? Wait, is Y/n Henderson your sister?"I was shocked to hear her name. She was always the most kind, caring, crazily gorgeous girl I had ever seen. Her hair was wild and long and curly. Eyes the prettiest shade of y/e/c. Y/n has never treated me like a freak.

"Yeah that's my older sister. Do you know her? She is your age?" Dustin said.

"Um yeah I've seen her before. She seems pretty cool," and beautiful, and nice, and jesus shit.

"Yeah she is. You know she plays DnD sometimes too, but she'll never admit that to anyone. She is crazy smart." Great she's fucking smart too. Why do I have to be soft for one of my predecessors' sisters?

(End flashback)

I remember that moment clearly. I knew that I would be seeing her a lot more frequently. Part of me was scared shitless. The other was somewhat excited.

"Hey guys what's up?" Dustin and Mike say coming up to the table. Mike is already devouring his sandwich.

"Wheeler, save some for the rest of us, why don't you?" I say jokingly. 

We all laughed as Dustin started handing out the sandwiches. He handed me mine and I looked down at the handwriting on it. "EDDIE:)" I even love how she writes my name. I start to read the newspaper as I eat my sandwich. Christ people are going nuts. DnD a satanic cult...bullshit.

" The devil has come to America. Dungeons and Dragons, at first regard, is a harmless game of make believe. Now has both parents and psychologists concerned. Studies have linked violent behavior to the game saying it promotes satanic worship, ritual sacrifice, sodemy, suicide, and even MURDER!" I relay from the newspaper.

"Well society has to blame something and we're an easy target."

"Exactly, but we're the freaks because we like to play a fantasy game. But as long as you're into band or science..." you know what, fuck it. Everyone is going to hear this. "Or parties or a GAME WHERE YOU THROW BALLS INTO LAUNDRY BASKETS!"

"You want something freak?" Fuck you Jason Carver. Let's show him what a freak really looks like.

I think I scared the shit out of him with that devil horn stuff. Nice work Edds.

"It's forced conforming. That's what's KILLING THE KIDS!!"

Oh lord Y/n is walking this way.

"Hey! Thanks again y/n you're the best!" The boys say to her.

"Oh stop. For all you know I just really enjoy making sandwiches." Oh shit she's turning right towards me. Should I move? Nah.

"OH I'M SO SORRY!" She is so cute when she's flustered. Should I tell her she's beautiful? Yep.

"Don't apologize. Beautiful people like you should never apologize for anything." Nailed it.

"Um that's not me but thank you for sparing me the embarrassment. I don't um... I can't... walking is something I'm not good at hahahahahh yeah okayyyy." She's nervous. Why is she nervous? Y/n is NEVER nervous. Did I do that? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Was the table yelling thing too much for her? All I know is that she looks amazing walking away from me right now. I should probably sit back down.

"Eddie, did you just say what I think you said to my sister?" Shit Dustin.

"Possibly? And?"

"If you wanted a shot with her you should have just let me know?"

"Excuse me? Psssshhh I never said that."

"No, but your eyes did when she walked away from you." SHIT DUSTIN.

"Okay what if I did? How would one go about being with y/n? Would they get her flowers? Take her out?"

"If I were you, I would take her on a nice picnic and talk. She is a sucker for in depth conversation. Plus you would get to know her more."

"Thank you for the advice Henderson, it is much appreciated."

"Woah woah woah. Did you think my advice came for free?" Good god.

"Okay what do I owe you?"

"Well it's nice that you ask that. So we have run into a slight debacle tonight. Lucas can't make it to your campaign tonight because of the basketball championship so is it possible to reschedule?" Are you fucking kidding me? I have been working on this campaign for months and now Sinclair thinks he can just shit on it? It is clear Dustin and Mike see the look on my face.

"Or could we possibly just find a replacement for him?" Not good but better. "And get another Hellfire club shirt?"

"Ughhhhh you're lucky I'm feeling nice today, but tell Sinclair he's dead to me if he goes to that basketball game."

The shit I would do for these little freaks. I care about them a lot but I would never admit it to them. Now onto the next task, ask y/n out.

I know I tweaked a few details of this scene, but it's only so the storyline flows well. I hope you are enjoying it so far. -Evelyn<3