Chapter 5

Y/n's POV

Never did I think that I would be walking into a Dungeons and Dragons campaign with my little brother and his friend, but I guess you do crazy things for the people you love. Well it's not like I despise DnD. Dustin and his friends have just exhausted the game so much that I'm not interested in it anymore. For christ sake, Will eats, sleeps, and breathes that game. I wonder if he still plays in California? I hope so. Will has always been one of my favorite friends that Dustin has. He is so sweet and has always been such an amazing friend to Dusty.

I start to get a little nervous as Dustin and Mike lead me to the auditorium. As we are walking, I see a mural I did freshman year on the walls backstage. The fact they kept it always made my heart happy. It reads "Hawkins" but within the lettering, there are just random people and scenes I've seen while living in Hawkins. It's not my most creative piece, but it is something to be proud of.

I see everyone sitting in front of us at the table ready to start. Eddie makes eye contact with me looking slightly confused, but still proceeds to walk up to Dustin and Mike.

"So Eddie, we found a replacement. Is she okay to join us?"

"We've never played with a girl before Edds!" Eddie's friend Patrick spoke up.

"Shut it!" Eddie exclaims.

"She's perfect. Thank you both for finding a good replacement, but remember Sinclair is not off the hook." Eddie looks at me and stares me up and down for a solid 10 seconds.

"Well y/n," he says, "welcome to Hellfire." His hands hold out one of the cool shirts I've been begging Dusty for for so long.

For some reason, I start to feel butterflies in my stomach taking the shirt.

"Thank you for letting me join you. I've always wanted to have one of these awesome shirts."

"Well sweetheart if I would've known that I would have just given you mine." Eddie says with his devilish smirk on his face.

I feel my heartbeat in my fingertips at his statement. My breath starts to break up a bit trying to keep up with my heart palpitations. Why does he have to be so sexy without even trying?

I take my jacket off and throw on the Hellfire shirt over my undershirt. Let's do this y/n.

Eddie's POV

She is fucking insane. If I would've known she was this good, I would've brought her a ring tonight instead of a shirt. Damn. I feel bad almost because Dustin or y/n have to roll a 20 to win, but that most likely won't happen. Since when did I start cheering for someone else during my campaign?

Dustin is getting ready to roll and ends up rolling an 11. It's now down to y/n. I'm sorry baby I wish I could see you win, but sadly that won't happen.

"AAAAAAH NO WAY Y/N GOOD JOB! WE DID IT!!!"

GOD DAMN SHE ACTUALLY DID IT. I look down in shock at the 20 on the dice right side up.

"Wow y/n you did it. Congratulations."

"OH MY GOODNESS EDDIE THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN AGHHHHH I BELIEVE I ACTUALLY DID IT!!!!"
As she is celebrating, y/n swallows me in the biggest hug ever. I'm stiff at first trying to process what is happening, but I sink into it eventually.
Everything just stops. I never want to leave this hug. The smell of her ambery patchouli body oil. Her soft fluffy curls suffocating my face. Damn I love it. I have to make her mine. Fucking do it Eddie.

"Hey y/n can I ask you something?" I say into her ear in a whispery tone. She pulls away to look me into the eyes. Her y/e/c eyes are beaming at me from under her bangs.

"Um, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me sometime? Like go on a walk and talk or something. I mean I HAVE to get to know the girl that won in my campaign. You know its principle."

She chuckled a bit at my long explanation. Damn that smile.

"Of course Edds, I would love to. I have to get to know whose campaign I beat, you know." Y/n says with a smirk on her face. She is feisty too. Hell yeah.

"Ooooo you're firey too."

"I think there is a lot more to me that will surprise you Eddie."

"Well I'm looking forward to being surprised."

Goddamn do I want to take her home.

Y/n's POV

No fucking way.