Chapter 8

Y/n's POV

    "Y/N? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU LET THAT HEATHEN DO THAT TO YOU?" Dustin exclaimed after we both finally stepped inside.

" What do you mean Dustin? He just kissed me. I don't think that makes him a heathen?" I respond laughing at my brother's reaction to Eddie saying goodbye to me.

"That wasn't just a kiss Y/n. Eddie tried monching your sweet innocent face off AND he blatantly defied me. He is no longer Eddie in my eyes, just a behemoth trying to capture my pure sister into being his sex object."

"DUSTY?! He is not trying to use me as a 'sex object' and you have no room to talk. Didn't you say you and Suzie kissed at camp? Why is that any different?"

"Suzie and I are different Y/n. I know my intentions, but I don't know Eddie's."

"Isn't he your friend and leader of your DnD club? You literally said he is one of the best dungeon masters."

"For the sake of the game, I will set his actions aside, but outside of Hellfire, he is the boy after my sister's innocence and I'm not going to stand for it."

"You know I'm an adult now Dustin. I can handle being kissed by a boy. I appreciate your protection, but maybe tone it down a bit? Stay on the sidelines unless something goes wrong THEN you have full permission to pounce. Please can you do that? For me? I really like Eddie a lot."

"Maybe, but only because I love you. Remember though, I'm keeping a close eye on him. He better not hurt you otherwise I'm annihilating his ass."

"Okay Dusty thank you for being my protector." I say as I bring him in for a hug. "I'm going upstairs to get some rest so I suggest you should as well. Goodnight Dustin I love you goober."

"I love you too Y/n goodnight!"

I turn and make my way upstairs to start getting ready for bed. Thoughts about how silly Dustin's reaction was are still present in my brain and make me smile.

Our dad passed away when Dustin was born, so I was young enough to only have faint memories of him. I never really grieved for his death, but rather the lack of father figure Dustin and I had. Especially Dustin. I know mom always tried her best, but emotionally she was damaged. She works constantly to support Dustin and I, so I've always been really in charge of the two of us while mom provided. Some parts of me wished that we were closer to her, but the other part of me knows the more she is around us, the more she misses dad. She is far from a bad parent, but just isn't physically present all of the time.

Since I never had a father figure, I noticed that Dustin has really been the biggest protector in my life. Even though he is younger, he has always made it known that he has my back. Now that we are both getting older, it's becoming more prevalent to me. I'm so thankful to have a close relationship with him. I know that some siblings aren't fortunate enough to have something like we have.

As I reach my room, I change out of my outfit and into my Hellfire shirt to sleep in. I stood in front of the body mirror I have hanging up on the backside of my door and stared at the shirt. A smile crept on my face as my finger trailed up to touch my still tender lips. I noticed a small purple discoloration on the side of my bottom lip which made me think about and feel Eddie. There was the tiniest bruise left there from his nibbles.

After laying down in bed, all I could think of was him. The thought of Eddie has vined around everything else and choked it out, implanting itself permanently into my brain.

I will never be able to get him out of my head. All of the scenes from earlier on start replaying through my head like a film at the cinema as I drift off into dreamland.

(Monday morning at 'study group')

    "Hey you are actually early this time? What the hell did Dustin not touch up his curls this morning?" Robin says as she greets me as I walk into the art room.

"Ha ha very funny, but actually I made him get out the door this morning on time because I have something important to tell you."

"Oh god what is it? Were you caught painting on the bridge near the old lab again?"

"No. Good news. Really good news."

"You got the new raised beds built for your strawberry patch this summer?!"

"No Robin. Even though that would be very cool, it's something I never thought I would be able to tell you."

"Tell me NOW you've got me excited."

"So Friday night, you know how I was just going to stay home while everyone went to the championship game?"

"Yes?"

"Well after school that day, Dustin begged me to fill in for Lucas at Hellfire Club because it was the night of Eddie's big campaign and Lucas couldn't be there. I gave in and ended up going. Kicked ASS by the way, but that's not important. Afterward, Eddie asked me to 'hang out' with him."

"SHUT UP! NO HE DID NOT!"

"Yes he did so we hung out on Saturday and oh my god it was amazing! It went so well."

"AGHHHHHH Y/N I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! DID YOU TWO BONE IT OUT OR WHAT?!"

"ROBIN! No we didn't," I reply while hysterically laughing, "but he did kiss me. Like a lot and I kissed him back hardcore."

"Y/N YOU KISSED EDDIE MUNSON! YOUR MIDDLE SCHOOL CRUSH! FINALLY! I'm so fucking happy for you right now. Are you two going to hang out again soon?"

"Actually, we are hanging out at his place today after school."

"You have to call me once you get home later and tell me all about it. I need DETAILS. My love life isn't the best right now so the fact that yours is taking off is giving me hope."

"I will call unless something happens where I can't."

"You better, also don't get too frisky. I see your purple lip Ms. 'we just kissed a lot'. We don't need little long haired babies with electric guitars running around right now."

"Robin it probably won't get that far, it's only our second hang out. Well date if you will." If it does, I honestly wouldn't mind though.

"Okay whatever you say. Just remember to enjoy yourself and be safe. I'm rooting for you both."

"Thank you Robin, you're the best."

"It's no problem Y/n seriously I care about you too much not to. Also just a heads up, Dustin has recruited Steve to help him hunt someone down? Not sure if you know anything about that, but I thought it was kind of weird."

"Ugh tell Steve to not listen to him. He is being really over protective of me right now and is plotting Eddie's demise."

"Of course he is. I'll tell Steve to not be a bozo."

"Double thank you." I say as the warning bell rings.

I give Robin some hugs goodbye as we head off to our first class of the day. It's going to be a long ass day of waiting, but man I'm looking forward to the end of the day.

Thank you all so much for the love this story is getting! I can't express how grateful I am for your support and I hope you all are enjoying it so far! -Evelyn<3