chap 8: Returning back

Until we realized prayer is the only source of peace,we will never get the peace of mind.

L I L A R H

Since the roads in Mauritania are often just simple dusty and winding tracks, public transport doesn't really exist.this is beside the spectacular existence of the iron ore train.this humongous 3km train leaves daily from Noadhibou to Choum.There are around twenty dusty and ratty cars and carriages.

We experience the iron ore train which will truly be a once in a lifetime experience that will give you a taste of the desert Terran.

We decided to a camel in Choum, the end of the train it's another point during your stay in Mauritania, riding the ship of the desert is a must.

Shrouded by beautiful, tumbling sand dunes and with endless pouring of tea and chatter from the Bedouin, riding a camel through the desert is wonderful experience that will keep you grounded in present like little else.

We spend a day their and it's so great I enjoy every bit of it.

I also meet some of my young cousins there. 
Grandma Noora has two children and they all live abroad so she is living with her grandkids, myiesha and Nada, and her husband.

"Why are you so scrawny"she ask checking out.

We are currently at the lawn having an afternoon talk. Myiesha and Nada Went to school so we are alone at home.I Amira, Amaya, and grandma,Jamal doesn't follow us this time,he traveled.

"Oh grandma I'm average"

"Ah no look at you,you are about to get married and you look like this"

"Grandma you still have that tradition that voluptuous woman are sexy and symbols of wealth"

"No but you look so thin" yeah she never believe in that.

"Don't worry grandma I will make sure I gain some weight before that"

"In two weeks,that's remind me have you start your skincare"

"Yesso,you know jaddatie and Aunty Sham wouldn't let me breath if I didn't start"I said remembering how I suffer from that.i felt like my skin is peal

"Grandma can't you see the glow already though she has a milky perfect skin but the bride glow is different"Amaya said

"Of course you have a very beautiful and perfect skin even without any beautifications"

"Don't flatter me grandma"I said coyly
We suddenly heard a loud music played from the neighborhood

"What is happening "I ask because it's so loud

"They're celebrating a divorce"I answered unhurriedly

"What"Amira said,I think I wasn't the only one that heard

"Yes divorce,her daughter recently get divorce so they are celebrating"

"So this norm is still practicing"I ask,I can remember my mum telling me such a thing,but I thought with  the modern world it stop.

"Yes it still practicing"

"But why are they celebrating when it's not a good things"

"A Mauritanian woman often celebrates as she returns to her family home to ululating cries of joy and the steady beats of tambourine."

"Why are they celebrating"

"The reason is to make her husband jealous and take back his decision,her friends are quick to organize a party ful of music with the attendance of few piers who lavish her with praise for her beauty and glowing traits.tgere poems rise and ebb with intensity of feeding to a crescendo as they describe the innumerable suitors waiting in Line to ask for her hand.