Chapter 3

It wasn't until around 12:30 PM that I woke up on Sunday, barely. My eyes were still closed as I hugged the pillow under my chest, frowning at the way the sun streamed in heavily through the window to the right of my bed. I didn't get home last night until 3 AM, once again being the last person to leave the club with Harry.

Even though he spent $10,000 for 40 minutes with me, I was still far more generous with him than I would have been with anyone else. We were in that room for hours, drinking and experimentally touching each other, keeping our words to a minimum.

I was curious to know what he did for a living, but also I didn't really care at all. If I had to guess I would say he worked in finance or maybe a banker or something. All I knew for sure was that his expendable income was outrageous.

When he asked me for my schedule, I told him that I only worked on Fridays and Saturdays because I made enough money in those two days to be more than secure for my monthly expenses, but now and then I'll pick up a weekday shift if one of the girls isn't feeling well or can't make it in for whatever reason.

Chris didn't love my availability, but I think he was just happy I was still working there at all.

With my eyes still closed, I could hear my phone vibrating on my bedside table, and only then did I start to regain consciousness when I remembered that today was Sunday.

"Hey, Claudia," I ripped my phone charger from its cord and rose up on my knees.

"Bitch! Where are you? We're sitting down at our table now."

"Shit, I know," I forced myself up on my knees before climbing out of bed. "I just need to get dressed and then I'm on my way."

"Okayyy. Hurry!"

I stumbled to my feet and made my way to my ensuite, stripping down out of my bra and underwear as I started the shower. All I really needed to do was wash my body and the remaining traces of eye makeup from my face, then change into a sundress that would keep me cool in the summer heat.

My hair remained up in a long and messy ponytail, and my makeup was kept much simpler than how I wore it at work. Looking at myself in the mirror now, you would never guess in a million years that I made a living off of lap dances and pole grinding, and that was the whole point. That's what made it so fun.

I secured the straps of my wedge sandals around my ankles and grabbed my purse on my way out the door, blindly applying bright red lipstick as I walked to the elevator and took it down the five stories to the parking lot.

It only took 18 minutes for me to get to the restaurant, where Claudia and Sage were already sitting at an outdoor table for three. Pathetically so, we fell into the category of Los Angeles women who did brunch every Sunday morning.

"Hi, hi, hi," I sat down in my seat in a huff. "I'm sorry I'm late, slept in."

"No surprise there," Sage teasingly muttered as she nudged a mimosa toward me.

Disregarding the fact that there was champagne in there, I downed it when I realized that I hadn't had anything to drink since last night when Harry gave me a glass full of the same stuff.

"Alright, you ready?" Claudia asked me.

"For what?"

"To tell us all about your night with the sexy new regular, obviously."

I hung my head with a defeated laugh as Sage squealed and encouraged me to spill my guts. Claudia had already filled her in on the situation even though she had been off from work since Harry came into the picture.