Chapter 35

In less than a full 24 hours, I found that Paris was, in fact, the same dream that everyone paints it out to be. The architecture was unlike anything I had ever seen before, the streets on our block were made of cobblestone, and we could see the Eiffel Tower clear as day through the floor-to-ceiling glass windows in the penthouse apartment.

It seemed like we could see all of Paris from how high up we were, but despite how spacious the apartment was, it still felt so intimate, like we were the only two people in the city at all. I wanted to explore, but I think I would have been okay staying in the whole time too.

And this place was by far the most different I had seen of Harry's. The mansion in Anguilla reminded me a lot of our house in Malibu, but all of the furniture here had a cozier aesthetic, and it felt so regal rather than modern. I liked it the most so far, I think.

From the couch, I sipped at the hot chocolate Harry made me and stared out at the Eiffel Tower shimmering in the hazy grey sky, while Harry spoke to Zayn on the phone and simultaneously answered the door for the food we had delivered

From the couch, I sipped at the hot chocolate Harry made me and stared out at the Eiffel Tower shimmering in the hazy grey sky, while Harry spoke to Zayn on the phone and simultaneously answered the door for the food we had delivered. I wasn't as lucky this time for him to not work at all, but I didn't mind it.

He brought the food right to me, squeezing his shoulder to his ear as he pulled out all the to-go boxes and spread them out on the coffee table for me. I sat down on the rug by the fire crackling under the mantlepiece, mouthing a "thank you" to Harry as he sat down on the couch with his leg against my arm.

"Okay, we'll just have to keep an ear out, but it doesn't sound like anything Thomas can't handle himself because I'd rather, just...I mean, I'd rather not get us involved if I don't have to. Well, yeah, obviously that's a big part of it. I don't know. I guess we'll see. Alright, you too, mate."

Cutting into a savory crepe, I glanced at him over my shoulder. "Everything okay?"

"More than," he sighed as he slid off the couch to sit right next to me on the rug.

"Good. Try this."

He opened his mouth to let me feed him a bite, nodding his appreciation before he grabbed a fork for himself. "That was my last call for the day, alright? I'm yours now."

In response, I only hummed and wiggled in place after trying the lemon tart I chose, which made Harry laugh as he ripped off a piece of the butter croissant. He was serious when he asked me if this mountain of food was all I wanted, seeing as he was always serious about making sure I was eating enough.

"Yeah, it's official. We both love Paris."

He smiled softly as I tapped my bump, and he left his hand there while we finished eating every last bite. "So do you–"

"Oh–"

We both looked down at my stomach and then at each other, and I started laughing at the look of complete and utter shock on his face. He looked petrified and curious at the same time.