Chapter 33

THREE MONTHS LATER

"Chris, if you want a new couch in the pink room, then buy a new fucking couch for the pink room, alright? Just do it, I don't care."

Maria and I shared a look of amusement as Harry sandwiched the phone between his ear and shoulder, pouring himself a cup of coffee while I ate chicken and waffles...for breakfast.

"Okay, alright, I want you to listen to me very carefully right now...I do not give a single fuck. Tear the whole building apart and start from scratch for all I care. It's a goddamn strip club, the men don't care as long as they get to see an ass up there on the stage, so do whatever you feel like you need to do to boost business, alright? Great."

Harry hung up without leaving room for Chris to say another word, muttering to himself as he added more coffee to his already full cup.

When he caught on that Maria and I were both staring at him, he hesitated on taking another sip to look back at us.

"What?"

Maria shook her head with a shrug, so I copied her and continued to happily pop a strawberry into my mouth.

Harry had been more stressed than usual, and I think that might have had something to do with the fact that my belly was starting to show now. It was getting a little too real for him, and I kinda felt the same way.

But, he was also being incredibly sweet and sensitive. Like when he would ask me to grab something for him, but then he'd remember I was pregnant and hopped up to do it himself, or when he'd randomly stop working to ask me if I needed anything. It was adorable.

I think today's stress was stemming from the fact that we were going to my first ultrasound appointment. The baby was apparently big enough that we would be able to see it now, so that was our plan for the day...to see our baby.

"Are you almost ready, Grace?" Harry asked, texting someone on his phone. "We're gonna be late."

My chewing slowed as I glanced at the clock. "The appointment isn't for another three hours."

"Yes, well in case you forgot, we live in Los Angeles where it takes three hours to get halfway down the block, darling. So hurry up. Please."

I took my last two bites and stood to wash my plate, but Harry shoved his phone back into his pocket and reached out for me at the same time as Maria.

"Oh my God," I laughed and held the plate away from them both. "Would you just leave me alone? I am more than capable of washing my own dish."

"Well, what is Maria even here for then? I pay her good money to wash your dish for you."

I rolled my eyes, laughing as Maria gave him a subtle side-eyed glare for that. Everyone in this room knew Harry couldn't live without her as much as he couldn't live without me.

"Maria is here because she's family, and I think if she can make me a massive breakfast feast then the least I can do is rinse my plate."

"Yeah, okay," Harry pulled me back from the sink with his hand on my belly.

"Stop, what are you doing?"