Chapter 38

FIVE MONTHS LATER

"Let's just take her back to the hospital," I casually suggested. "We can do that, can't we? Even though it's been five months? Someone will love her."

Harry winced out a smile as he watched me bounce Nora in my arms, while her bloody murder screams reverberated off my eardrums. All jokes aside, her hyper emotions were making me hyper-emotional, and now my own eyes were watering.

"Okay, um...do you want me to try?"

I nodded through a sniffle and let Harry take her out of my arms to hold her against his chest. He just looked at her face as she cried like we were both trying to murder her with our bare hands, but as soon as he quietly started to shush her, the cries turned to whimpers, and the whimpers turned to silence.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me," I whispered.

Harry gave me his most cocky smirk. "She just needed Daddy. Right, baby? You just needed Daddy to hold you?"

"Stop calling yourself that," I muttered, yanking her blanket up from the ground, "you're gonna turn yourself on and I'm not helping you with that."

Harry barked out a laugh, which only made Nora giggle in return as she grabbed at his hair. "Mummy is in a bad mood, baby," he whispered, "you pissed her off."

"You pissed me off," I corrected him. "I'm her mom, she's supposed to like me more."

"It's not my fault she just needs a strong, dominant man to hold her. You of all women should understand that," he winked at me before turning to Nora as she played with his lips.

I gave him a glare for that, but I couldn't stay mad for that long with the way Nora was smiling at him the same way she did the day she was born. She was so beyond in love, and I couldn't blame her. No one could.

"Say 'daddy', baby," he whispered to her, and she beamed at the sound of the word, but only gurgled in response. "Should we give Mommy a kiss?"

I stayed where I was with my arms crossed by her crib, only eyeing Harry as he moved closer and tilted his head to give me the sweetest kiss on my cheek. He leaned Nora in next, and my smile finally broke out when we were nose to nose and she stuck her little tongue out on my lips.

"Great," Harry mumbled as he pulled her back. "She's a tongue-kisser."

I laughed as I squished her cheeks together to kiss her lips, which made her smile before she threw herself back onto Harry's chest. He blew raspberries into her neck as we left the room to head downstairs, earning loud screeching giggles to be heard through the whole house.

We were both surprised to see Maria opening the front door to someone when I don't think either of us heard the bell or a knock, but then we watched a middle-aged man step inside without Maria fully inviting him in.

Because he was wearing a suit and just kind of had that "look", I glanced to Harry for an answer, but all he could do was stare back at him as the man smiled and laughed with his arms out by his sides.

"What, no smile?" He spoke in a British accent.

Harry's jaw clenched before he parted his lips to speak. "What the fuck are you doing here?"