Chapter 32

By this point, I wasn't even annoyed about the vomiting part of the morning sickness. I was annoyed that it was forcing me to wake up earlier than I would like to, and once I was awake, I was awake for the rest of the day.

So I completed my newfound routine of throwing up, forcing myself up from the floor, washing my hands, brushing my teeth twice, and splashing my face with cold water. I took a five-minute shower, changed into a pair of cotton shorts with a tank top, and prayed that Harry was already gone for the day.

That was until I opened the door and almost stepped on his head. He was still laying there in the clothes he wore last night, just now waking up as a result of me swinging the door open.

I frowned down at him as he squinted his eyes open and rubbed them before he sat up on his elbows. He cursed after he moved his neck around a little bit, and I heard his joints crack as he got on his knees first, then rose to his feet.

"Hi," he croaked out.

I debated echoing the word back to him, then changed my mind at the last second to just go downstairs and eat breakfast. That was something I've been forcing myself to do since I found out.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asked.

That, I could respond to. "What, like you care?"

"Don't do that," he mumbled. "Of course I care."

Maria was in the kitchen doing the dishes from last night, so I said a quick good morning to her before I replied to him with just as much attitude. "Do you? Because last night you accused me of cheating on you just so you wouldn't have to face the fact that it's yours."

After hearing that, Maria dropped a plate in the sink and quickly picked it back up to check for any cracks or chips in the porcelain.

"Can you blame me for freaking out?" He raised his arms out as I grabbed the carton of eggs from the refrigerator. "You're on birth control, that means you're not supposed to get pregnant when we have sex without a condom."

"Yeah, well if you were this concerned then maybe you should have worn a condom! Or maybe we just never should have had sex at all! I mean, do you want me to explain how reproduction works? What sex is actually for?"

Maria cleared her throat and left the dishes on the rack to air out, grabbing her Swiffer to start in any other room besides the kitchen.

"Yeah, I know what sex is for, Grace," he snapped back. "But we were being careful. And besides, I don't know why you're so upset about me being upset. I thought you didn't want kids either? Didn't we agree on that?"

I laughed then, cracking two eggs into a bowl. "You're such a fucking idiot."

"For what?"

My hand faltered on scrambling the eggs to give him my full attention. "Do you seriously think I would have told you that I want kids after you had just told me you didn't?"

"You're allowed to have your own opinions," he shrugged.

"Oh please, you would have shut down so fast it's not even funny. We never would have had sex again, so maybe for your sake that's exactly what I should have done."

"Well maybe if you were just honest with me then we could have taken better precautions and we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place."

I slammed the cupboard door once I found the pan I was looking for, and slapped it on the stovetop. "You're acting like having kids was all I've ever dreamed about, and that's not true. If you remember, I said I thought the idea was cute, not that I desperately wanted one."