03 | NEWBIES

I WALKED INSIDE the SHIELD facility. I chewed on my gum, gaining stares from other SHIELD agents. I saw Skye, talking to someone. I approached them carefully. "So what's the plan for today?" I asked her. Skye glared at me.

"What do you mean a plan?" She snapped at me. "You have been gone for three days. You dad had been in hysterics. Plus you didn't specify where you went." Skye said to me. She had gained a lot of responsibility ever since the SHIELD fallout.

"I'm fine." I told her, not really wanting to fight. I started to walk away.

"This isn't a game Addison." Skye yelled at me. I whipped my head towards her, stopping dead in my tracks.

"I never said it was." I whispered to her, angered at her sudden outburst. The guy who she was talking with was looking at us surprised. "I have to see my dad, so if you excuse me." I told her. I walked away from her. I stopped in the lab to check on Fitz. I knocked on the door. Everyones eyes landed on me. The whispering began all over the lab. I saw my favorite Scottish person. "Hey Fizzy." I told him.

He looked up from his project. "Hi Addison." He greeted me. "Have you talked to Skye?" He asked.

"Yeah, she was pissed at me." I told him, looking at the plan of his work. "You know you should come with me to the Stark tower or Avengers tower. It will be pretty amazing for you to meet Tony and Bruce. You know the science bros." I told him smiling. He gave me a side smile.

"I will look ridiculous. " Fizt said no looking at me. I walked towards him, and leant my chin on his shoulder.

"Who said you would?" I asked him. I smiled kindly at him. "You're a genius. Genius aren't ridiculous. Well, if you mean Tony then yeah." I joked. I kissed Fizt in the cheek. "I got to talk to my dad. See you later Fizzy." I joked. Fitz waved at me. Everyone's eyes were widen at such sight. They were stupid.

I walked up to the steps, to my dad's office. I came across May. "Hey May," I joked. She stopped to look at me.

"I know you ran off. Again." She said to me, pretty used to my independent personality.

"Yeah, I was with Steve all time." I told her. It was partly true.

"You're dad is in the office." May said walking away.

"Hi dad," I said bashing into the office. My dad stood up, looking at disapproving. I turned to look at the woman who he was talking to.

"Agent, will you please leave me a moment with my daughter?" He asked her. The agent nodded, walking off.

"One of the people," I told him. "What do you mean by that?" I asked him.

"To rebuild SHIELD we need help." He said.

"Are you just going to ask random agents to join? We don't know if they are HYDRA?" I told him, disagreeing with his ideas. We had enough newbies on the lab.

"You just have to trust them." He said to me.

"I'm not very good at trusting people anymore dad." Said to him.

"Ask May for the briefing. You will be teaming up with Skye." He said to me.

"Got it." I told him.

"Who did you went to see?" He asked me.

"Rogers, spend this past three days with him." I told him.

"Friendship developing into something more?" He asked me.

"Just friends," I told him. I winked at him, closing the door.