13 | A HERO'S DEATH

I OPENED MY eyes, flinching at the strong light in front of me. "Ohh, please don't tell me I'm in heaven." I mumbled.

"You are not in even." I heard Jemma said.

"Waking up, and she still manages to make a joke." I heard Hunter said. I opened my eyes, looking around the room. James came in the room too. I sat up with the help of Hunter.

"You blackout." James said. "You weren't even losing that much blood either." He added.

"Where is my dad and Skye?" I asked them.

"Skye is fine, and your dad too." Jemma said. Hunter send me a look.

"Did you guys found Trip?" I asked them. Everyone got quiet.

"Will you leave? I want to talk in private with her." Hunter said. James nodded, walking out with Jemma too. I expected the worst.

Hunter sat on my bed next to me. "Trip?" I asked him.

"He went to chase after Skye, trying to protect her. He got stuck with her along with Raina. He got touched by a crystal, turning himself into a rock. He is dead." Hunter said to me. I couldn't breath. Fist Grant and now I just lost Trip. My partner in crime, Mr.Overarchiver. Tears purred down my eyes, as I looked at Hunter. Hunter hugged me tight.

"He can't. He can't be dead." I sobbed. Hunter took the back of my head, pulling me closer. I whispered in pain.  I just lost my best friend.  I was never going to see Mr.Overarchiver again. I was never going to see Trip again.

☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒ ☒

I woke up from my memory. I sat down on my bed, holding my head on my hands. My head has been killing me for the past days or so. It was probably the blood loss, but it would have gone off by now. I stood up, lifting up my shirt to see the wound. It had almost healed, but I wasn't able to be any field work for another week or two. It sucks being shot.

"Hey, love are you there?" I heard Hunter said through the other side of the door. I sighed, opening the door. "You okay?" He asked me.

"I'm good," I told him, letting him in. The only person who are allowed in are Skye, Fitz, Hunter and Trip. I looked down at the photo of my desk at he mentioning of the name.

"You are the only one doing bad you know." Hunter said, looking at the picture of the Howling Commandos.

"I know. Every deals with death differently." I told him. "In my case, I go to the shooting ring or work harder on missions. It keeps my mind of things." I told him, walking to the bathroom. I took out my tooth brush, getting also the the tooth paste. I brushed my teeth while I listened to Hunter.

"Who gave you the picture of the Howling Commandos?" Hunter asked. I finished brushing my teeth. I washed my face, leaning on the sink.

"Yeah," I told him. I heard whispers from behind me. "Do you hear that?" I asked.

"Hear what?" Hunter asked curious. I sighed, holding my head. The pain was getting worst. I held the sink with my entire force. I felt the bathroom's light glitch. That only happens when I'm in immense pain or I'm mad.

"No, don't let me take them." It said. It was distant, but clear. I thought I was going insane e

"Why is going on?" I mumbled to myself. I felt two supporting hands on each shoulder. "I'm not okay Hunter. My head hurst like hell." I told him, taking deep breath. I wasn't going to tell him that this hasn't happen before. I didn't want him to think I was crazy, and leave me like Grant did. It will be all the same, just in different circumstances.