21 | THE RETURN OF AN AVENGER

"I DIDN'T KNEW I was an Avenger." I told Steve on the phone, while I packed my bag. "And I'm sorry I haven't been answering your calls or returning them. I have been busy. You can't believe the tone of work I had gotten the past few months. You will laugh at my new discovery even." I joked. I heard Steve chuckle at the other line.

"Do you want me to pick you up?" He asked me.

"No, I'm flying there." I told him.

"Do you want me to call Stark so he can fly you here?" Steve asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Really?" I asked scoffing at his question. "Why can't I be a normal person and go there by myself?" I asked him.

"Because you are being hunted by HYDRA, who happened to want to kill you because you are my weakness." Steve said. I sighed, looking at the picture of me and Steve that was in my desk. I was getting a piggy back ride by Steve. "I just want to make sure you arrive safely."

"I know, I know." I told him.

"You know, we haven't heard from you in months." Steve pointed out. "What have you been up to? I wouldn't ask of you have done something dangerous, but I know you always do." I laughed, shaking my head. A knock on the for startled me. "I got to go." I told Steve. "I will arrive there in a few hours. We can go straight to the mission." I told them.

"Okay, please be save." Steve said to me.

"I will, you to." I told him before hanging up. I set my phone on the desk, before walking towards the door. I opened to see Hunter leaning on the doorframe with a big smile. "Come in," I told, moving slightly so he could enter. "How's your leg?" I asked him.

"It's good," he reassured me.

"Why are you smiling like that?" I asked him.

"I don't know," He told me smiling at me. He looked at my bed for a second. "Why are you packing?" he asked me.

"I'm going to babysit the Avengers," I joked. Hunter rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "I'm going on a mission with them." I told him. "Apparently, I'm an Avenger too."

"Wow, that's a high rank you got there." Hunter joked, smiling at me.

"It would probably only for a few days. We got something going on in Sokovia." I told him. "Plus, I will be safe. I got the entire team looking after me." I added, knowing that he will probably would worry about my safety. "They were my original team. I trust them with my life."

"Okay," Hunter sighed. "Don't die out there."

"I wouldn't count on it." I reassured him. I closed my bag, sighing. I kissed James softly on the cheek before someone else entered the room.

"Where are you going?" Skye asked me. "Barnes told me you were leaving." She explained.

"She is going to babysit the Avengers." Hunter joked.

"You are joking right?" Skye asked me surprise.

"No, apparently I'm an Avenger. So, they need me right now. I'm going to Sokovia." I told her. She walked towards my desk, picking up the photo of me and Steve that I had previously looked at.

"Well, at least you get to see your best friend." She said, showing me the picture of Steve giving me a piggie back ride. "Does he know?" She asked me. I looked at her confused. "About Barnes,"