04 | ABSORBING MAN

I WALKED TOWARDS Mack. He had opened a box that a few seconds ago he had been carrying. "What's that?" I asked him.

"It is a clockling device." Mack said to me.

"Fitz would be crushed if he found out that they have been selling this. Since Simmons left, he had been clinging to his work." Skye said to us.

"I stay can't believe she left him like that." Trip said, standing next to me.

"She abandoned all of us." I told them. "She left the team when we needed her the most. I thought that I had to deal with Ward only. Turns out not, I have to deal with her too." I told them thinking. I clenched my jaw at the thought of Ward.

"Ward as in the guy on the cell." Mack said.

I ignored him. I didn't really liked the guy. "Do you know how that works?" I asked him.

"I do." He said. I nodded at him. I heard silent steps behind me. I turned to look at Fitz. "You know, I will need help with this." Mack said to him.

"Hey Fizzy." I greeted him with a smile on my face.

"Hey, Addi." He said back. "Trip, Skye." He waved at them. "You will have to ummm," Fitz said to Mack. Mack said some word that I couldn't coplehend. "Yeah," Fitz said to him. "I will, umm." He looked at us sadly, and walked away.

I was about to walk towards him when Trip stopped me. "You should let him go." Trip said to me.

"I'm just going to talk to him. I want to make sure he is okay. I know he hasn't been the same, but he is still my friend, and one of the only people I trust with my life." I told him.

"Trip is right." Skye said to me.

I took out my phone from my jean pocket. It was buzzing non-stop. I looked at the calle ID. It was "Blocked", which didn't made sense. I decided I will talk without people around me. So, I walked away from them. When I was far enough from them, I answered the call.

"Hello?" I said.

"I found one of your agents with Talbot." A man's voice said.

"Who is this?" I asked sharply.

"James, who else will it be." He said. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe, a HYDRA agent of some sort." I snapped at him. "How did you even got my phone number?" I asked him. "You know what, don't answer that. I already know the answer." I told him.

"Ghost, remember." He said to me.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"Nothing," He said to me. "Just thought you might need that info."

"What the hell Barnes?" I snapped at him. "You shouldn't be even calling me right now. Some HYDRA agents can trace down my location." I lied to him. My phone had it's own code and private line. Skye couldn't even hack in.

"That is a lie. You're a pretty good liar. I wouldn't have known if I haven't tried to hack your phone." He said to me.

"I didn't spect you to be the hacker type." I told him.

"HYDRA super assassin remember?" He said to me.

"You're not super." I told him rolling my eyes. "I have to find my.."

"Agent Hunter is with agent Tabolt. He is alive. He is probably on his way back." He cut me off.

"How should I believed you?" I asked him.

"Cause it's true." He said. "I just hacked into their computers and communication system. I'm just trying to help. If he comes back, then you will believe me."