16 | SEPARATE WAYS

I PUSHED THE hair off Skye's face. "The bruisers have faded off. However, this scratches, will require more time to heal." Jemma told Skye as she sat on the chair, while she checked up on her. 

"I better keep my powers in check if I don't want to continue in the DL list?" Skye said. I looked at her confused, while I sat in front of her.

"What do you mean?" I asked her. She smiled at me.

"The Disabled List." Skye answered.

"Well, that makes more sense." Fitz replied, earning a chuckle from me.

"You wouldn't had to if you listen to the advise I gave you." I told her, sending her a look. "You will control it eventually. We all learn how to. You don't know how many people have gone through this, of all ages." I told her, taking her hand on mine. I gave him a light squeeze while smiling at her. She returned the smile to me.

"You can just go in a face." Fitz said, standing next to me. I nodded, supporting the idea. People like us had to go through this. Some had it worst than others. Rogue, a mutant, was attacked since she when she was younger.

"You don't have to put a positive spin on my powers." Skye said to him. I send her a look.

"I'm not, and I will never patronizes you. I'm just saying that things change. Maybe if you learn how to control this things, you can have angers like power; like captain america even." Fitz pointed out. I nodded agreeing with the idea.

"I think it is better if we keep the unstable nature of Skye's power. If there is an Avenger equivalent, I'm afraid it's the Hulk." Jemma said. I glared at her.

"Well, Hulk save the world last time I checked." Fitz snapped at her. I smirked nodding.

"You are absolutely right, but giving no choice I bet Bruce Banner wouldn't hesitate to kill himself once and for all." Jemma said. I stood up in front of her, with crosses arms. My taller frame overlooking her.

"He tried once you know. He tried many more times after that failed attempt. You wander why SHIELD can never find him? it's because he doesn't want to hurt any body. You never wish death or even give the idea of suicide. You know that the powers saved his life right?" Jemma looked at me blankly.

"Well, then I'm thankful that we are not giving him the choice." Fitz said, looking at his tablet. I knew that his comment wasn't only to defend Bruce, but Skye too.

"Oh fitz," Jemma sighed. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Oh don't fitz me." Fitz snapped. He sighed, shaking his head in denial. I looked at Jemma with an un impressed expression. "I'm clear or what I said."

"He is right, and plus I'm a mutant. I'm not like Skye, but I still got powers. We aren't all threats." I told Jemma, narrowing my eyes at her. "If only you could understand. If you understand rocket science why can't you understand this." My voice rose. I was about to say something else when the plane shook. Skye looked at us, afraid. "See what you have caused." I whispered to Jemma. I knelt down Skye.

"I'm sorry." Skye said to me. I looked up at her with a small smile.

"Take deep breath. Think of something else." I told her, taking her hand.

"It's hard." She whispered.

"We all go through this." I reassured her. "What if I tell you that I have slept with Barnes?" I asked her cautiously. Skye's eyes widen, and I could see the anger boiling in her.

"You what?" Skye yelled, making me jumped. "You can't be serious. You have officially gone mad. I can't believe this. Rogers wouldn't even. Oh my god, have you told him you found him?" Skye said, standing up pacing around. I smirked at Fitz who was behind me. He just shrugged. "You are is so much trouble." Skye yelled. I smiled at her. "Why are you smiling?"