07 | THE RETURN OF AN OLD FRIEND

"WHAT IS THE PROBLEM NOW?" I asked the team.

"A group of anti HYDRA Navy seals were murdered last night." May said to us. We entered the room.

"Do you want us to do our own research sir?" Skye asked. I looked at the engraving on my dad's desk.

"No, we already know is HYDRA." My dad said.

"What about Agent Simmons? She is inside HYDRA." Trip said.

"I'm waiting for her to conctant us." My dad said.

"What is that sir?" Skye said mentioning the engravings. My dad put a folder over it, covering it up.

"Those are just designs ." My dad lied.

"I did a research on the engravings of the painting with Skye. There is nothing. Maybe is I knew the reason, then it will help." I told him.

"It is classified." My dad said to me.

"You are the big man. You can declassified it." Hunter said, backing me up.

"I can, but I wouldn't." He said.

"You didn't answer our questions sir." Skye said to him.

"I did. If you keep challenging my authority, I will have a conversation with you, which you wouldn't be conformable with. That goes for both of you." My dad said. I clenched my fist, holding the urge to snap at him.

"Yes sir." Skye said, clenching her jaw.

"No, sir." I responded.

"Addison," Hunter said, trying to pull me out of trouble.

"No," I told him. "Will you guys leave." I asked them. Hunter was the last one out.

"Just because I'm your dad doesn't mean that I will allow this attitude on the team." My dad said to me.

"I'm worried about you. You are keeping something from me and I want to know why." I snapped at him. "So, don't dad me."

"I'm the director of SHIELD." He said.

"And I'm your daughter. You can't just keep something from me, and spect me to shut up about it." I told him.

"It is classified." He said.

"Bullshit." I yelled at him. "I hate it when you classified me. What you are hiding is about the obelisk and the painting we recovered isn't it?" I asked him. "Raina said that it had to do with the drug they used to save you. The same drug it is used to save me. I think that is a pretty good reason to tell me." I told him.

"I wouldn't tell you anyway." He said to me.

"Like you didn't told me Grant almost dies trying to commit suicide because he was in pain." I told him. He sighed.

"He told you that." He said.

"Was he telling the truth?" I asked him.

"He did." He told me. "I just didn't want you to find out, because you hated him."

"I might hate him, but I still care. What he did was wrong." I told him.

"He is just messing with you." He said to me.

"And who's fault is it?" I asked him. "You sent me that down there when you knew I wasn't ready. I went that there because lives were at risk. I didn't enjoy it, and I never will. You know why?" I asked him, my voice rising. "Because it pains me. It pains me see that that was the man who I loved and believed. He stabbed me in the back. Have you ever been stabbed in the back? Oh wait, don't answer that. Loki did stabbed you on you back, but this pains way more. I loved him, and I suffer everytime I go down there. I was an idiot. I let him rib my heart away. I go down there and I see a liar. I go down there is like hell. I know he tells me everytime I go there, that he will tell me the truth for now and onwards; but the wound is there. It will never heal. The damage has been done. And if at some point in time I get to believe him, then it is great; but it will take a lot of time for it to happen." I yelled at him. "You used me to get information. Your own daughter. I'm tired of it. I'm suffering thanks to you, and women should never suffer at the hands of men." I continued.